Good morning! Have you ever set some big goals and then resume your regular daily life forgetting all about them?
This happens to me a lot. In fact, sometimes, I’ll remind myself of my goals when I wake up (it really gets me out of bed), but by 10am, I completely forget them.
In weight loss, this happens a lot! How many times have you eaten a perfectly balanced, healthy breakfast. Then decide you’re going to stay on track all day long. Only to start digging into a cereal box with your hands, unmeasured, untracked, and out of control?
Well, I can honestly say that I’m so much better about this when I have a specific goal and deadline (June 3rd is my deadline!). I remind myself of my goal to get lean enough for that Bikini stage again several times during the day, which surprisingly helps me stick to my plan!
Here’s some tricks I’ve used to keep my goals front of mind, so I don’t abandon it all in the pursuit of food.
- Keep a goal picture on your phone.
- Record an audio file of your goals, and listen to it several times a day (I do this and it really helps solidify things for me.
- Follow people who have achieved what you want. I follow people on Instagram who have already reached goals I plan to reach.
- Keep a journal. When I’m recording my thoughts and dreams daily in a journal, I am much better at remembering them!
- Have an item that jogs your memory. My daughter bought me a magnet for my magnet collection from our most recent vacation. It was a bedazzeled bikini she found in the French Quarter of New Orleans. I have it on my fridge, and it actually does remind me of my bikini show goal!
Share with me!! What tricks do you use to remember your goals during the day?
Monday meals! Full Day of Eating for weight loss
1345 calories, 155 g protein, 125 g carbs, 32 g fat
The boring middle….
Seeing the scale move, or being motivated by starting something new is great fuel to move me towards your goals.
Weight loss takes PATIENCE in the middle when you aren’t seeing progress!!
When things get boring, progress slows, and the daily grind just feels like a grind.
That’s where I feel like I’m at today- even though, I’m technically, not in the middle at all! I’m still at the beginning. But because I’m trying to only lose a few pounds, it feels like the middle already. LOL
Anyway, enough ranting, here’s my meals from yesterday!
𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭: 3/4 cup Egg whites, two slices (45 calorie each) Sara Lee bread, 40 grams avocado, 1/2 orange, 2 slices turkey bacon.
𝐋𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡: 1 can tuna with 1 tablespoon light mayo, lettuce, two slices 45 calorie bread, 5 strawberries.
𝐒𝐧𝐚𝐜𝐤: PROTEIN PUDDING! Yum. I used 1 cup skim milk, 1 tablespoon sugar free vanilla pudding mix, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (whisked for two minutes), put in the fridge till firm, and topped with whipped cream.
𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫: 6 ounces chicken breasts, 3/4 cup cooked Jasmine rice, 2 cups frozen veggies California blend, and Kernel Seasons Nacho Cheddar seasoning on ALL of it!