If you have some beets and want to find some delicious ways to use them, I have 58 amazing beet recipes from breads, desserts, soups, salads, and more!
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Recently I shared a recipe for 20 calorie beet hummus. I mentioned, although my website name and logo is a beet, I’ve actually never been a fan! Crazy, I know. But, I want to be better about eating beets! Beets have some amazing health supporting properties!
Why use beets in cooking?
According to a study published in Nutrition and Metabolism, “beetroot is classified as one of the ten plants with the highest antioxidant activity” (NCBI). In the conclusion, it states:
In human studies to date, beetroot supplementation has been reported to reduce systolic and diastolic blood pressure, inhibit platelet aggregation, improve vascular and endothelial function, reduce blood glucose and improve insulin homeostasis, and possess reno-protective properties.Functional Properties of Beetroot in Management of cardio metabolic diseases
What to do with beets?
I inquired in a facebook group of bloggers to find out who had some beet recipes I could try. I was BLOWN AWAY! I had almost 200 replies to that request.
After collecting a variety of the beet recipes from the facebook group, I couldn’t WAIT to try them in new ways. I’m VERY excited about beet brownies, beet pancakes, beet cinnamon rolls, beet waffles, roasted beets, beet salads, and even beet crackers!
Check out this best beet round up of recipes, and let me know which one you’re excited to try!
Baking With Beets
I had to start with these sweet ways to prepare beets, because I’m a sucker for dessert and all things baked goods. I just had no idea that beets would fit into baking so well. These are some of the ways bloggers are baking with beets:
- Beet and Berry Cobbler
- Beet Cinnamon Rolls
- Beet apple walnut muffins
- Gluten free chocolate beetroot cupcakes
- Beetroot Crepes
- Beet Tart
- Beet pancakes
- Beet Cake
- Chocolate Beet Brownies
- Red Velvet Torte
- Pink whipped cream (using beet powder).. But here’s a recipe on how to make your own beetroot powder.
- Moist Beet Chocolate Cake
- Red Velveteen Cake
- Raspberry Beet Gluten Free Waffles
- Goat Cheese and Beetroot Tart
- Vegan Battenburg Cake
- Beet Challah
- Beet Buns
Best Beet Smoothies & Ice Creams
Blending beets with fruit to make delicious smoothies and ice cream is so easy. Check out these recipes for beet smoothies and ice cream.
- Chili Ice Cream (made with beet juice)
- Strawberry Beet Smoothie
- Pink smoothie bowl
- Easy Beet Smoothie
- Red Velvet Latte
Tasty Beet Dinner Ideas
I would have never thought about beet pasta, pizza, chili or burgers. But these bloggers totally did! Check out these ways to use beets for dinner time.
- Beet Pasta
- Beet Pizza
- Beet and Leek Crust Pizza
- Roasted Beets and Sweet Potatoes
- Beet Latkes
- Beet Chili
- Cheesy Polenta with Roasted Beets
- Roasted Beet Pesto
- Creamy Spaghetti Peas and Beets
- Beetroot Ricotta Gnudi in Sage & Butter
- Raw Balsamic Tahini Beet Noodles
- Beetroot Risotto
- Beet Quinoa Burger
Beet Salads & Snacks
Beet salads are popular, but what about beet crackers and chips!
- Savory Beet Crackers
- Arugula Beet Salad with Feta and Walnuts
- Beetroot Chickpea Hummus
- Beetroot Masala Fritters
- Oven baked beet chips
- Orange pickled beets
- Beet Sauerkraut
- Beet slaw with apples and feta
- Amish Pickled eggs with beets
- Beet Salad with goat cheese
- Roasted Beet Dip
- Nightshade-Free Beet Ketchup
- Sunshine Spiralized Beet Salad
- Beet Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
- Russian Vinaigrette Salad
Beet Soup & Sandwiches & Bread
And finally, making sandwiches or wraps with beets is a great way to eat them.
- Vegan Beet Reuben Sandwich
- Roasted beet sandwich
- Beet Turkey Cheese Wrap
- Autumn Harvest Veggie Wrap
- Carrot and Beet Sandwich
- Beet Kohlrabi Soup
- Quick Borscht Soup
Do you have more ideas for beets? Share them in the comments, and pin this post for the next time you buy beets and need to know what recipes to use them in! (and follow me on pinterest here!)