Holiday hummus is such a yummy, versatile, and inexpensive treat. There are so many varieties of hummus and many different things to dip in it.Jump to Recipe
Now we have all been in the position where we have forgotten that we are in charge of taking an appetizer to a Christmas party. Once we remember we quickly run to the grocery store, grab the first thing we see and take it to the event.
If you are anything like me you hate doing that, just because it usually isn’t very good for you and it doesn’t always taste the best. This doesn’t have to be the case anymore. Next time you forgot that you are in charge of the appetizer do yourself a favor and remember this article.
Instead of you running into the store and grabbing the first thing you see, go straight to the produce section. Pick out some of your favorite vegetables, things like bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, cucumbers and even a yummy variety of crackers.
Then walk over to where they keep the hummus, pick out a couple varieties of hummus, take them home, mix them up and put them in a nice bowl with the sliced vegetables and crackers and your there you go!
Made from Chickpeas, hummus is a high protein, healthy snack! You’ll want to have this at your next Christmas party!
Making a Hummus Wreath
If you are really looking to be more festive with your hummus, make this Christmas wreath appetizer! Here’s how easy it is.
- You’ll still go to the store pick out your hummus, crackers and vegetables, but you’ll still need to add a couple of other things.
- The first layer on your plate will be the hummus. I like to mix it with a little more flavor. I will add a little garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper or anything else that sounds good. I spread it thinly in a circle without the middle circle filled in (to make a wreath).
- The next layer I mix together plain Greek Yogurt with about 1/2 T of Greek seasoning. I spread that evenly inside the hummus leaving a small gap between the two.
- Following that I take some chopped up spinach and sprinkle that with some feta cheese on the top. You could even add some fresh dill to give it more of a wreath look.
- For the final touch, I add some cherry tomatoes around it.
It is that simple! Now you have a fun festive appetizer to take to your next holiday party.
What are some of you favorite holiday designs you do with your appetizers?
Christmas Appetizer: Holiday Hummus
- 1 Container 17 oz. of your favorite hummus
- 1 C Low Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 C Chopped Spinach
- 1/2 T Greek Seasoning
- 1/2 C Feta Cheese
- 5 each Cherry Tomatoes
- Options of serving with vegetables, crackers and pita bread
- 1 Lemon Sliced optional
- 1/2 Cucumber optional
- 1 Jar of chopped olives optional
- Spread a thin layer in a circle leaving a hole in the middle (To make a wreath)
- Mix the Greek yogurt and Greek seasoning together layering on top of the hummus. Leave a gap between the layers
- Chop spinach and spread on top with feta cheese. Then add cherry tomatoes around the circle
- *You can drizzle with lemons juice, sprinkle cucumbers and olives on top as will.
Pin for later!