Crunchy Tomato Bite: Party Appetizer 3 Ways
Delicious party appetizer 3 different ways: your favorite bruschetta, crunchy caprese & sweet potato guacamole all in one bite.Jump to Recipe
I want to share a few of my favorite little bite sized appetizers with you. Each of these has a similar base of a crunchy bread or crouton, chip, or cracker.
1) Sweet potato and Guacamole Bites
The first recipe, is the Sweet Potato and Guac Bites. It is very simple, but delicious.
The base is a Sweet Potato Cracker or a fresh sweet potato (RW Garcia is the brand I use for the cracker, but you can use whatever you like). I line a platter with the base, mix together fresh avocado with Pico or salsa. Then lay a dollop of the mixture on the cracker or roasted sweet potato slice. This party appetizer is bright, and tasty!
2) Crunchy Caprese Bites
The second recipe, is Balsamic Caprese Bites. These can take a little bit more time so make sure you plan accordingly.
You will take a French baguette and slice it into ¼ or ½ inch pieces, (for Gluten Free use a Pita Cracker or no cracker). Drizzle with olive oil and garlic salt, bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes or until you get a crunch. Layer tomatoes and mozzarella, drizzle with balsamic glaze. Place on top of the cracker, pita or a skewer and enjoy. This bite-sized appetizer is a show stopper at any party. It looks great and tastes great too!
3) Tomato Basil Bruschetta Bites
The third and final recipe is the Tomato Basil Bruschetta Bites.
Again you will bake the bread at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes. While the bread is baking, slice up the tomatoes and place in a bowl. Add garlic salt, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, and basil to the tomatoes and mix well. Once the bread is out of the oven place mixture on top and devour.
It is nice to have a variety of party appetizers at all parties ,and so one thing that I have found easy it to make a combo appetizer dish and make all 3 recipes at the same time.
Follow along for a quick and easy appetizer variety dish!
3 Christmas Appetizers: Crunchy Tomato, sweet potato and caprese bites
- 1 large loaf French baguette (Or Pita Crackers etc.) Sliced
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes sliced thinly
- 2 medium Roma Tomatoes, Diced
- 1/2 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Basil
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Pinch Pepper
- 2 T Balsamic Glaze
- 3 medium Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 12 Slices Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
Sweet Potato Guacamole Bites
- 2 Avocados
- 1 medium Roma tomato, diced
- 1 pinch Garlic Salt
- Turn oven on to 450 degrees, and slice baguette into 1/4" pieces (about 24 slices) and sweet potato into 1/8" slices.
- Drizzle baguette and sweet potato with olive oil, garlic salt, and place in oven for about 8-10 minutes for baguette and 20-25 minutes for sweet potato or until edges get crunchy.
- In the meantime, dice 2 tomatoes and place into a bowl.
- Add, 1/4 tsp salt, a dash of pepper. Reserve 1/4 cup of this mixture.
- Add chopped basil and 1 T. of the balsamic glaze, place onto a slice of bread and add to a platter.
- slice 3 tomatoes into 12 pieces, and place on a separate plate. Finally, slice 12, 1/8" mozzarella pieces and place onto the plate with the tomatoes
- Take the remaining bread, place on top the sliced tomatoes and mozzarella with a basil leaf and a drizzle of balsamic glaze and serve.
Sweet potato guacamole bites
- In a bowl, mash avocado, add 1 medium tomato, diced, remaining cilantro and a squirt of lime, mix well. Scoop 1-2 T onto a potato slice and place on a platter.