Whisking egg whites into your oatmeal is a delicious way to get fluffy oats, and 9 grams of protein! This recipe for egg white oatmeal is sweetened with strawberries and cream.
This recipe for egg white oatmeal with strawberries and cream has 183 calories, 9 grams of protein, 23 grams of carbs, and 5 grams fat.
For the longest time, I wouldn’t try egg whites in my oatmeal. Not that I had any specific problem with the combo, but I enjoy eating both eggs and oatmeal so much, I didn’t want to give up tasting the eggs. (see my meal plan for eggs and oatmeal every day!)
But finally, I was talked into it by a good friend.
Since then, I’ve made this strawberry egg white and oats, as well as this pumpkin egg white oatmeal here!
And it really is, fantastic!
This strawberries and cream oatmeal was made super creamy by adding the egg whites, vanilla almond milk, and of course, whipped cream!
- 1/3 cup oats – I always start with 1/3 cup, because I know it’s 100 calories!
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I love the unsweetned almond milk that you can get at the store for 30 calories per cup. I also always use double the liquid to the oats and cook it until it is all absorbed. This gives you more volume.
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 2 strawberries
- Walden farms strawberry syrup!! (SOOO GOOD!)
- and whipped cream!
To get the egg whites into the oatmeal without turning it into scrambled eggs, you first cook your oats in the microwave for one minute.
But then, you take it out and give it a stir. I cook it for 30 more seconds after that. By then, your oats are mostly cooked, so it’s safe to stir in the egg whites.
Quickly whisk the egg whites in, and return it to the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir one last time, and return for 30 more seconds.
The total time in the microwave will be about 2-3 minutes, but you take it out frequently to stir.
After the final cook time, top the egg white oatmeal with strawberries, walden farms zero calorie strawberry syrup, and whipped cream!
And right now, strawberries are starting to be sold every where (probably for valentine’s day, but I’m not complaining!
Egg White Oatmeal with Strawberries and Cream
- 1/3 cup oats, dry
- 2/3 cup vanilla almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 2 medium strawberries
- 2 tablespoons Walden Farms Strawberry Syrup
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream
- Combine oats and almond milk and microwave it for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir. return to microwave for 30 seconds more.
- Add the egg whites. stir it in and return to microwave for 30 seconds. Stir again and microwave for 30 more seconds.
- Top with strawberries, whipped cream, and walden farms strawberry syrup!