Low Calorie Healthy Chicken Stir Fry
Delicious and easy, this healthy chicken stir fry has chicken thighs, bell peppers, onions, and simple teriyaki sauce.Jump to Recipe
The whole recipe for this chicken stir fry is 319 calories, 23 grams protein, 41 grams carbs, 7 grams fat and 9 weight watchers personal points.
While I’m really trying to get back on prep, I’m hoping to share a lot more dinner recipes over the next 12 weeks. I’m boring with breakfast, lunch, and snacks. They are almost always the same.
- For breakfast, I eat eggs and oatmeal.
- For lunch, I eat chicken and veggies
- For snack, I eat protein powder with yogurt or fruit.
But DINNER, that changes! So, over the next 12 weeks, expect lots of healthy dinner ideas! For now, give this healthy chicken stir fry.
How to customize your healthy chicken stir fry
Here are a few suggestions for changes or substitutes you can make to this recipe to make it better fit your goals.
- You can cut a few calories by using chicken breast instead of chicken thighs.
- You can use different low calorie vegetables such as carrots, peas, broccoli, or cauliflower. If you’re wanting to eat more veggies, this is a great way to get them in!
- If you prefer brown rice, jasmine rice, etc. you can use a preferred rice type.
One thing to remember when making adjustments to this recipe is that any adjustments will affect the overall calorie count. So just be mindful of that!
Healthy Chicken Stir Fry
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- 3 leaves lettuce
- 4 ounces Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs cut in bite sized pieces
- 4 ounces Bell peppers chopped
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Cook rice according to package directions
- Cut chicken thighs and place in dish with marinade ingredients. Chill for 2-4 hours or overnight.
- Drain marinade and cook chicken thighs over high heat in a non stick skillet, sprayed with cooking spray. Cook until no longer pink in the middle.
- Chop veggies and add to skillet. Cook until soft.
- Layer lettuce, rice, and chicken with veggies.
Pin for later!
This was better than i expected and made a lot more than I thought it would as well. Very filling. Will definately be making it again.
Thanks Anita! Glad you liked it!