68 Days left of my weight loss journey, for Bikini prep 2023
LIVE THE STORY YOU WANT TO TELL
It’s rare I believe that a quote can literally change your life. But, this is one of those quotes! “Live the Story you want to tell!”
I remember thinking, “I must do more interesting things before I die! I want to reflect on my life with my grandkids and have CRAZY and interesting stories to tell them. My own grandmother was a bad ass. She was not only a PILOT, but also a Juvenile Court Judge & Lawyer in Southern California till she was in her 90’s! She also was seeing a personal trainer and dancing in a tap dancing group until after 95 years old. She died just before her 100th birthday. And while I might never be as smart as her, she did inspire me to live an interesting life.
I also distinctly remember that I didn’t want my life’s achievement to be that I finally reached my goal weight at 90 years old! Haha! In fact, I was sick of having weight loss on my bucket list.
I wanted to get to it already and MOVE ON! So, that is exactly what I did. I finally got to it so I could move on to other things in my life.
I also, wanted to do a bikini show so I would have a crazy story to tell my grandkids, about the time grandma got on stage in a bikini!
And so I did…..
I’ve written so many bucket lists over the years, but I don’t know where I’ve written them. I probably have 50 hand written journals, and a LOT of google docs, so who knows. But, if I put my current list here, I’ll be able to find it and keep adding to it as new things come up.
- One more bikini / bodybuilding show. Really, I’m done after this one. While I REALLY like being in prep, I definitely do not like getting on a stage in a bikini still. LOL I just don’t know why I can’t put this much effort into my fitness and nutrition just because I love it. That’s my goal after June 3rd… just keep on living the fit lifestyle, just because!
- Start tennis lessons- My neighbor is really trying to get me to join a team, but I need to start with lessons first. I’ve literally never played, but I want to learn!
- Take piano lessons– I started this! I haven’t been great the last few weeks about practicing, but I’d like to get good enough to play a few songs.
- Learn Spanish- I’m taking Spanish right now, and I love it! My son is engaged to a girl from Mexico. Plus, both of my boys speak fluent Spanish, so I’d like to learn! Also, we plan to travel a lot!
- Pay off my house– This isn’t that impressive considering we got our first mortgage 20 years ago. So, we’re close to paying it off. But this year, I’m putting every extra penny towards the mortgage to get it paid off by the end of the year.
- Run the Boston Marathon– I know this is on most runner’s bucket list. My first goal was just to qualify. I DID THAT! But now, I need to run it. I AM registered for the marathon in 3 weeks, but I couldn’t justify the flight and hotel right now when I’d rather pay off my house this year! So, planning on requalifying and doing that in 2024/
- Run 100 marathons– I just like the sound of that! I want to keep running these till I’m 100 years old!~
- Run Vacations Races in another Country. Have you seen these? They look so fun! They organize trail runs in cool places, and I’d love to go to one.
- Run a 50 miler for my 50th birthday. I had one picked out for this November, but now my niece is getting married that same weekend, so it’s going to have to wait!
That’s it for now, but I’m always looking to add more to this!
High Protein/Low Carb/ Low Calorie Day
1377 calories, 165 g protein, 97g carbs, 32 g fat
I didn’t track or photograph anything on Sunday because I was fasting most of the day, and then we had a big family dinner. I LOVE SUNDAY’S!!
But Saturday, I wanted to try a low carb day, but by mid afternoon, I just wanted a piece of bread! haha.
I have never removed bread from my diet, but suddenly when I decided I wouldn’t eat bread for the day, the rebel in me just couldn’t take it.
Anyone else get “diet rebel”, even when you are the only one making the rules?! 😅 😂 🤣
Anyway, onto Saturday!
- 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭 protein waffles! I used 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 cup egg whites, and then some Vanilla Almond Skinny syrup for flavor inside the waffle, and sugar free maple syrup for the top. Plus, 2 slices turkey bacon. (and for the record, I DID see Skinny Syrups at Ross on Saturday! If you haven’t tried them, check Ross first!
- 𝐋𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡: Caesar salad with Costco Rotisserie chicken, parmesan, a full can of artichoke hearts and Bolthouse Caesar dressing
- 𝐒𝐧𝐚𝐜𝐤: Built bar (coconut puff), plus a 110 calorie slice of bread, because that’s all we had in the pantry.
- 𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 125 g sweet potato, chicken tenders, and roasted broccoli and cauliflower!
(If you ever order Built Bars, Protein powder or skinny syrups online, use my 10% affiliate code: HEALTHBEET)