The best grilled chicken cobb salad is made with juicy chicken, grilled to perfection. This low calorie recipe also includes hard boiled eggs, avocado, crispy bacon, grilled corn, cherry tomatoes, and blue cheese.
The calories for this grilled chicken cobb salad are 379 calories, which is perfect for dinner if you are eating 3 meals a day diet and your goal is 1200.
Some grilled chicken salads, even when you make them at home can be double those calories. Portion control really is the only way to keep those calories down, without compromising on the flavor for this recipe.
Some of the classic salad ingredients that will raise calories for a Grilled chicken cobb salad include:
- The dressing! With olive oil being 120 calories per tablespoon, sticking to 1 tablespoon per serving can keep the calories down.
- The bacon. Full disclosure, I’m not a fan of bacon. I prefer low fat meats, and bacon of course is the fattiest of them all! But it does bring out the flavor of this Cobb salad!
- The avocado. I’m a huge fan of avocado, but it’s easy to overdo it on green salads and the calories add up quickly. So, I stick with one avocado for the whole recipe, and it’s plenty.
- And the last thing to keep your eye on to keep the calories down, is the cheese. 1/4 cup for the whole recipe is all. Blue cheese has such a strong flavor, you really don’t need more than that!
- I also really like chicken thighs, and they really aren’t very much higher in calories. However, I used chicken breasts for this salad, which are 110 calories per 4 ounces. So, we saved a few calories there.
A Classic Cobb salad dressing is made with a vinaigrette. I chose some red wine vinegar, mixed with olive oil and dijon mustard. I also added a touch of salt and pepper!
And that’s it! Let me know what you think of this healthy Grilled Chicken cobb salad, and stay tuned for more grilled chicken salads this week! The grill is getting close to be put away, so I’ve got to make as many as I can!
Healthy Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad
- 1 lb Grilled chicken breasts sliced
- 8 cups Romaine
- 2 slices bacon cooked
- 1 medium avocado (60 grams)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 medium eggs hard boiled
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
- 4 tablespoons grilled corn
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- Grill chicken on an outdoor or indoor grill until completely cooked.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Chop all veggie and assemble salad.
READ NEXT -> HOMEMADE GRILLED CHICK-FIL-A NUGGETS