This is the easiest meal prep ever. It’s simple and delicious. By prepping chicken, ground turkey, hard boiled eggs, sweet potatoes, butternut squash and rice, I made 8+ delicious, healthy, meals!
Each week I’ll share the foods I’m prepping for the coming week. Now more than ever this has to become a habit for me. My life is about to get crazy as I enter grad school this fall, and I don’t want to lose all my health gains.
So, the more prepared I can be, the better.
And while I don’t like meal prepping, I do like prepping foods, so I can have flexibility with the meals. Similar to this meal plan and Youtube Video; I like flexibility but I also like consistency!
So, this is what I’ve been eating this week and the foods I prepped to make it easy every day.
The Foods prepped & How I prepared them:
- Grilled chicken tenders– To grill the chicken tenders, I used a mini George Foreman counter top grill. This method of cooking is VERY fast! I love the little grill. The chicken stays pretty juicy inside. I cooked up about 1 lb of tenders)
- Baked Chicken Breasts– Cooked in the oven at 425 for about 20 minutes, turning over half way through.
- Ground Turkey- Cooked on a skillet on the stovetop. I made 1 lb.
- Hard boiled eggs– I cooked 4 eggs in a egg cooker (this egg cooker is the only way I’ve been able to make hard boiled eggs that actually peel!)
Veggies cooked or chopped
- Asparagus- One bunch of asparagus from the store, and I just snapped them in half and kept the tops for cooking.
- Mushrooms– Slice all the mushrooms. I love sliced mushrooms, and they are perfect for a handful in anything I’m going to make!
- Sweet potato- I cooked 3 sweet potatoes in the oven for several hours. Once they were soft, I took the skin off and mashed them into a prep container.
- Chopped lettuce – I rinsed, dried, and chopped some romaine lettuce.
- Butternut squash, peeled and chopped. Holy Hannah. This is so labor intensive!
- (not prepped but also had peppers, cucumbers, and carrots)
- Rice – Just regular white rice (Jasmine rice) prepared in a pot on the stove.
Favorite Meal Prep containers
Recently I have been picking up the cheap containers at Walmart. I like the smallest size. I think they are 12 or 16 ounces (here’s the Amazon equivalent). This size is perfect, because I can break up the food into smaller portions. It seems to me like it lasts longer.
I also like how inexpensive they are. Although I reuse them, if I lose one or it gets too hard to get clean, I can toss them. I think they fit nicely in my fridge too.
Meals made with prepped food:
Ok! With the prepped food out of the way, here’s 8 of the meals I assembled with it!
- Chicken, sweet potato and grilled peppers
- Butternut squash, ground turkey, rice, and mushrooms
- Grilled chicken, sweet potato and asparagus
- Green salad with grilled chicken, carrots, sliced string cheese, cucumbers, and bolt house dressing.
- Scrambled eggs, Mushrooms, and pancakes
- Ground turkey, rice and mushrooms
- Low calorie Egg salad on bread
- Sweet potato pancakes
So let me know if my easy meal prep foods are something you want to see each week, and I’ll keep sharing them!