With 25 grams of protein, this Green salad with chicken and peaches is the perfect fall weight loss meal!Jump to Recipe
Calories and macros for this Chicken Peach Salad recipe is 281 calories, 25 g protein, 27 g carbs, and 8 grams of fat.
I mentioned in my post about my current diet, that I like to eat a green salad for lunch. (see the meal plan post here). Mostly, I eat a green salad on the day’s I’m working from home. But, when I go to school, my lunches look a little different. (see those here)
But, because it’s fall and the peaches are absolute perfection right now, I needed to add them to my regular grilled chicken salad. I LOVE how the final recipe came out, and will be legitimately sad when I can’t get more peaches at the fruit stand by my house.
How to make this salad
For this green salad, I started with some grilled chicken leftover from dinner last night. I love chicken tenders for this, but like to eat the leftovers within a day or two because they tend to dry out quickly.
- For the grilled chicken: I used a mini George Foreman countertop grill (It’s fine, but I have the super cheap one that doesn’t come apart to clean, which is annoying). But, it’s on my Christmas wish list to get a GOOD counter top grill. Hit me up with any recommendations you have! I also marinated this chicken before cooking last night, knowing I wanted to use it in this peach salad (full marinade ingredients below!
- Cherry Tomatoes! I got these in my garden. They’ve been so sweet and delicious. I had no idea we planted orange cherry tomatoes until they were ready to harvest, but I don’t regret it one bit!
- Corn on the cob: Another fall favorite that I got at the fruit stand by my house! At the risk of sharing TMI, I love corn to check the rate of my digestion, if you know what I mean! If I can digest corn in 24 hours, I’m pretty happy about it. Ha!
- And greens of course! I default to romaine, but adding a variety of greens like spinach and kale is always a great idea!
- and finally, the dressing! Beyond the marinade, the only dressing I used was balsamic vinegar and salt! Seriously try it. It’s so good!
If you like this recipe, you might also like
Fall Grilled Chicken and Peach Salad
- 8 ounces chicken tenders
- 1 medium corn on the cob
- 4 ounces greens romaine, spinach, iceberg, etc.
- 1 medium peach sliced
- 10 small cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Grilled Chicken Marinade
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Combine the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup and ground pepper to make the marinade. Place the chicken in a flat dish, pour over the marinade. Leave it to sit in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, grill the corn in the oven or on a grill pan, then cool slightly and cut off the kernels, set aside.
- Next, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and place the chicken on a baking tray. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- Divide the salad leaves between two bowls, top with the sliced peach, tomatoes and grilled corn. Lastly, top with the chicken.
- To serve, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!