Top 12 Low Calorie Pasta Sauces For The New Year!
Adding sauce to your favorite pasta can taste great, but it can also make or break your calorie deficit. Here’s 12 store bought marinara pasta sauces, with two alfredo sauces that are low in calories to help you reach your weight loss goals.
Counting calories is similar to counting your dollars. Most of us have had those days where we are at the grocery store for one or two things and before you know it you’re checking out with 20 things! It seems like everything you put in your cart made sense somewhere along the grocery shopping path. You came in thinking you’d spend $50 or less, and now you’re at $200! What happened!?!
Similarly if you’re going along your day, and not paying attention to where all your calories are coming from, instead of an extra 50 calories, now you’re at 200 extra!
The bottom line is that it adds up. Staying within budget, is also like sticking to your meal plan and your calories are how much you have to “spend” in a day.
When eating pasta a simple way to add some extra calories would be in the sauce…It’s all in the sauce…Ok maybe it’s not all in the sauce!
Sauce is one way that you can easily add a couple hundred calories depending on the type and quantity of sauce you choose. I have the perfect solution for that; Low calorie pasta sauces!
Here’s a great list of different brands of marinara and Alfredo sauces that have lower calories to enjoy your pasta with.
Low Calorie Marinara Sauces
1) Organicville Tomato Basil (50 calories per 1/2 cup)
2) Simply Nature (50 calories per 1/2 cup)
3) Classico Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce (50 calories per 1/2 cup)
4) Barilla Tomato Basil (50 calories per 1/2 cup)
5) Furmano’s Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce (50 calories per 1/2 cup)
6) DeLallo Mushroom Sauce (50 calories per 1/2 cup)
Pasta Sauces Less Than 50 Calories Per 1/2 Cup Serving
7) Prego Lower Calorie Pasta Sauce (45 calories per 1/2 cup)
8) Cucuina Antica Tomato Basil Sauce (45 calories per 1/2 cup)
9) Barilla Fire Roasted Marinara (45 Calories per 1/2 cup)
Low Calorie Alfredo Sauces
10) Classico Creamy Alfredo (100 calories for 1/2 cup)
11) Bertolli Reduced Fat Garlic Alfredo Sauce (120 calories per 1/2 cup)
Lowest Calorie Pasta Sauce Winner
12) Hunt’s No Sugar Added Pasta Sauce (25 calories per 1/2 cup)
Awareness is key! Tweaking a little calories here, and a little there can make a big difference in your day! You can enjoy your pasta sauce, and not all the extra calories!
Low Calorie Cooking and My Weight Loss Transformation
- If you haven’t already, you can read about my weight loss transformation and find delicious low calorie recipes on my blog.