Low carb and gluten free, this lighter low calorie Chicken Alfredo pasta should be on your dinner table tonight!
Being a pasta and bread girl, I’m always looking to save a few calories and still eat my carbs. In fact, I wrote a whole post about my low calorie bread finds in the store.
Low Calorie and Low Carb Pasta substitutes
I desperately needed a way to eat Chicken Alfredo pasta but cut back on the calories and carbs. Pasta does have several low calorie and low carb alternatives. All three of these are gluten free and they are a great substitute for pasta. (I might try it with this low calorie pasta salad next!)
- First up, and the cheapest of the three, I use zucchini noodles. I make this often! In fact now that zucchini is in season, it’s possible I eat zoodles every day! Here’s’ my favorite ways to zoodle.
- There is also spaghetti squash. I also love this alternative, but I don’t eat it as often because it does take awhile to cook.
- And finally, the store bought option is low calorie noodles made from plant flours. I’ve tried three brands so far. The miracle noodles (made with konjac root) is by far the worst. I do not like the texture at all. The Livivia brand was my favorite (also made from Konjac root). I still like it. But, I just got a new one at Costco called Healthy Noodle, made from soybean fiber powder, and it is AMAZING!! Truly, my new favorite. It’s gluten free, low carb, low calorie, and has 25 calories per serving.
So, the first secret to making this chicken Alfredo pasta low carb and gluten free is the substitute pasta. The second secret is cutting calories on the cheesey chicken Alfredo sauce!
Lower Calorie Alfredo Sauce
To lower the calories on the alfredo sauce, I used:
- Laughing cow cheese wedges (I used two to make it extra creamy)
- Fat free sour cream
- and skim milk.
These three ingredients were enough to make the creamiest sauce for my low calorie chicken alfredo.
And finally, for a high protein, low carb topping, Grilled chicken!
So, print or save the recipe below and let me know what you think!
Low calorie Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- 5 ounces chicken breasts
- 2 wedges laughing cow cheese
- 1 tablespoon fat free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 4 ounces Healthy noodle
- 100 grams broccoli, chopped optional
- Start with cooked chicken, or cook chicken to your liking. (grilled, broiled, pan fried, baked, etc.)
- In a small bowl, stir together the laughing cow cheese, sour cream and milk.
- Microwave the cheese for 20 second intervals, whisking between each 20 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Rinse Healthy Noodles with hot water until they are warm. You can also warm the noodles in the microwave.
- Cook broccoli in a small pot of boiling water for 3-5 minutes.
- Mix everything together in a bowl! The noodles, then the sauce, then top with the chicken and broccoli.
PIN TO YOUR FAVORITE HEALTHY DINNER BOARD, & FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!