100 Calorie Creamy Salsa Crockpot Chicken
Shredded chicken in a creamy salsa sauce, all made in the crockpot! This three ingredient recipe has fat free cream cheese, salsa, and chicken and is a must-have for a healthy dinner!Jump to Recipe
The calories and macros for 1/3 cup of the shredded crockpot chicken is 116 calories, 18 grams of protein, 5 grams of carbs, and 2 grams of fat.
With the popularity of the Instant pot, is anyone even taking their slow cooker out anymore? I know I like the instant pot, but there is something about the crockpot that not only makes the BEST shredded chicken, but often, the most moist chicken breasts.
Plus, sometimes, you NEED a meal to take several hours to cook, because the day can get busy!
How to make shredded crockpot chicken
Chicken breasts can be hard to get right. There isn’t much fat on it, so it tends to dry out very quickly. That’s one benefit to the slow cooker. You are more likely to get moist meat, when cooked low and slow. (check out my19 meal ideas using shredded chicken here)
The way I make shredded chicken is;
- I put my chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot. For this recipe I used 2lbs of chicken.
- I add a liquid or seasonings. In this case, I used 1 cup of salsa.
- Then, I turn it on low for 3-4 hours.
- After 3-4 hours, I’ll open the crockpot and pierce the meat with a fork to check if it falls apart easily. If it does, it’s ready to shred!
- Then, using two forks, I’ll spread the chicken apart and mix it into the juices.
- For the creamy part, I then add fat free cream cheese (to keep the calories low), and stir that in until it’s all blended together.
What to eat with salsa chicken
Once you have your salsa crockpot chicken shredded, you can eat it with:
- A tortilla, fill it like a taco or burrito
- On a salad with lettuce, tomato, avocado, corn, and dressing! (this is my favorite way)
- with a pile of rice and veggies on the side
There are all kinds of possibilities! These are one’s I’ve tried, but share other ways you like to use this crockpot chicken recipe!
3 Ingredient 100 Calorie Creamy Salsa Crockpot Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- Put chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Add the salsa to the slow cooker.
- Turn it on low for 3-4 hours. After 3-4 hours, open the crockpot and pierce the meat with a fork to check if it falls apart easily. If it does, it's ready to shred!
- Then, using two forks, spread the chicken apart and mix it into the juices.
- For the creamy part, add fat free cream cheese and stir that in until it's all blended together.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!