Easy 20 Minute Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Recipe
With only three ingredients and 20 minutes, you can have this low calorie, low carb, high protein meal of prosciutto wrapped chicken on the dinner table tonight!Jump to Recipe
For four ounces of chicken breasts and two slices of prosciutto, you can have your entrée for 180 calories, 33 grams of protein, 0 grams carbs, and 6 grams fat.
How to make wrapped Prosciutto chicken
This low carb entrée idea couldn’t be easier.
I like to start by cutting my chicken breasts into 4 ounce servings. Sometimes, chicken breasts will come very large, and I like to cut them in half to cook more quickly and be an appropriate portion. (get my portion control tips here!)
Then, season with any seasoning you like. I used a Spicy Italian seasoning from Trader Joe’s.
Wrap your prosciutto slices around the chicken breasts. I got my prosciutto at Costco. then, bake it at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes!
Tips for perfect prosciutto chicken
- Pound chicken so it’s the same width and cooks easily
- Use a meat thermometer to not dry out the chicken
- Make it a balanced meal and serve with rice and veggies! With chicken and prosciutto as your entrée, round it out with a whole grain and veggies for the perfect balance of a macro friendly meal! I like rice and a frozen veggie blend.
Here is a balanced meal of prosciutto wrapped chicken, rice, and mixed veggies!
Easy 20 minute proscuitto wrapped chicken
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon spicy Italian seasoning
- Pound chicken breasts with a mallet, so the chicken is even in width and will cook more evenly.
- Wrap two slices prosciutto around each 4 ounce chicken breast
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
I’ve tried this and I agree- soo good!