Delicious low carb meal idea, Avocado Bowl! Shredded pork, cheese, taco seasoning, baked into an avocado bowl.Jump to Recipe
This delicious avocado bowl has 205 calories, 8 g protein, 6 g carbs and 17 g fat.
During a recent lunch out to Costa Vida, I ordered their new Avocado bowl. I was looking for something lower in calories and carbs, because eating out can make it hard to eat healthy. I saw them promote this new, temporary menu item, their delicious meat inside an avocado! No 500 calorie tortilla! They called it the Costa-Cado.
I do like to eat out, but I also have goals and want to be able to maintain my weight loss at the same time.
It was so good, I couldn’t wait to make it at home.
So, using the shredded pork I made Sunday for our recent camping trip, I
- sliced an avocado in half. (50 g)
- Topped it with one ounce of shredded pork.
- Sprinkled with cheese.
- Added some taco seasoning.
I baked it till the avocado was warm and the cheese was melted!
OH MY!! So good.
Low Carb Avocado Bowl
- 1/2 medium avocado 50g
- 1 ounce shredded pork cooked
- 1 ounce low fat cheddar cheese
- 1 dash taco seasoning
- Slice avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Fill with cooked shredded pork and cheese. Sprinkle taco seasoning on the top.
- Bake at 400 for about 6-10 minutes, to melt cheese and heat the avocado.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!