The healthy, low calorie chicken dinner ideas you need on your next meal plan, TONIGHT!
If you follow a low calorie diet for weight loss or health, chicken is likely on your meal plan.
Chicken is high in protein, low in fat, and has zero carbs. It goes well with a variety of foods such a veggies, rice, pasta, or potatoes. I use chicken a lot in my daily meal plan, including this one where I share a printable for my 1200 calorie high protein, low carb meal plan.
Chicken breasts range from about 120-150 calories per serving, which is generally considered 4 ounces. With that comes 20-25 gram of protein! It’s a perfect food for dinner to be tasty, satisfying, and help you stick to your weight loss goals!
Add one or all of these low calorie chicken dinner recipes and you’ll never get bored with your weight loss!
The top healthy low calorie chicken dinner recipes!
- Low Calorie chicken fried rice (Health Beet) (I used riced cauliflower in this chicken dinner to bring the calories down_
- Low Calorie Chicken Tenders (Health Beet) Made with lowfat buttermilk, and crispy corn flake crumbs!
- Homemade Grilled chicken Nuggets (Chick-fil-a copycat recipe) This also has a low calorie Chick-fil-a sauce!
- Chicken Fajita Rollups (Health Beet) Mmm. I used the chicken itself as the “wrap” to make a chicken fajita.
- Weight Watchers Shredded Chicken Tacos (200 calories) Crockpot meal so it takes longer to cook, but it can be ready quickly.
- 20 Minute Chicken burrito- Anything under 30 minutes for a healthy dinner gets my vote!
- Chicken Fajitas (Eat this not that) Basic chicken fajitas, but so filling!
- Skinny Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole -Already on the healthy side, but you could even replace the regular cheese with low fat or fat free cheese to make this chicken dinner a little lower in calories and fat.
- BBQ Chicken and Roasted Sweet Potato Bowls Oh my gosh!! This one looks SO good! Do you see the sweet potatoes on the side? If you like meal prepping, this is your dish.
- 20 Minute Healthy Asian Chicken and Rice Asian chicken and rice is a staple at our house. I make it several times per week!
- Healthy Mexican Chicken and Rice Dinner I love the simpleness of this dish. Chicken, tomatoes, peppers, avocado, and onion! Also, I like she used chicken thighs- they are always moist.
- Huli Huli Hawaiian Chicken PINEAPPLE AND CHICKEN! Perfect combo
- Chicken Zoodle Soup– Why have I never thought of this? I LOVE zoodles, and I love chicken noodle soup for dinner. So, putting them together is genius.
- Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry I love the veggies added to this stir fry. Adding veggies is a great way to increase the volume, while simultaneously bringing down the calories for a chicken dinner.
- Skinny Italian Chicken Rollups (258 calories) This is a chicken parmesan recipe with some fresh tomato sauce. I’ll keep this one for sure. I usually just use canned spaghetti sauce, so I need to have this on hand when I want to step up the Italian Chicken dinner.
- Pineapple Chicken Kabobs– Not sure why I don’t do kabobs more often! Our friends just had this for one of their dinners on our recent camping trip and I was so jealous of the big chunky roasted veggies with the chicken. I’ll add this to my meal prep right away.
- Sheet Pan Herb Garlic Butter Chicken– And finally, I always love a good chicken sheet pan dinner. Fewer dishes, but all the goodness of a hearty dinner.
So, which one will you try first? I can’t wait to make all the low calorie chicken dinners and add them to future meal plans.
PIN TO YOUR FAVORITE HEALTHY DINNER BOARDS AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!