This low calorie pineapple upside down cake is made with just two ingredients. Crushed pineapple and a box of Angel food cake mix. Perfect for a low fat, low calorie diet.
This dessert was intended to be the classic weight watchers, two ingredient pineapple angel food cake. I pinned this “recipe” several times on my low calorie pinterest boards.
I really like the weight watchers recipes that people in the community publish. They are generally low in calories, yet feel indulgent at the same time!
The pineapple cake recipe seemed simple enough. Mix one box angel food cake with 1 can crushed pineapple. But, apparently, the mix I bought was not the same as the ones in everyone’s recipe.
When I opened my angel food cake boxed mix, there were two envelopes. The first step was to whip the egg white powder with water until stiff peaks formed.
Since this was a different step than the other mixes, I just decided to make the entire angel food cake, and then top it with the crushed pineapple.
SO GLAD I DID!! This cake was divine!
I topped the cake with cherries and whipped topping, which is totally optional. Without the whipped topping, my entire mini loaf angel food cake was less than 100 calories. It made 18 loaves altogether!
(This was the mini-loaf pan I used. Only $12.99 and I use it so much!)
Print this recipe below for this low calorie Pineapple Cake and serve this at your next family dinner or party!
100 Calorie Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 1 box Angel food cake mix
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 20 small cherries optional
- whipped topping optional
- Mix Angel food cake mix according to directions.
- Spoon one scoop of crushed pineapple into the bottom of a mini loaf pan or muffin tin
- Cut and pit cherries in half and add to the bottom of the crushed pineapple.
- Add 1/2 cup of cake batter on top of crushed pineapple
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, or until cake is cooked all the way through.
- After cake cools, turn over onto a plate and top with whipped cream and another cherry if you have more.
If you decide to try this, let me know and tag me in your photos! I’d love to see what you think!
READ NEXT==> 100 Calorie Mug Cake