These Pistachio dessert mini bites are only 38 calories each! With a Nilla wafer, pistachio pudding mix, cream cheese, greek yogurt and cool whip, they are a healthy, but indulgent tasty treat!Jump to Recipe
For one pistachio dessert bite, the calories are 38, with 2 grams protein, 5 grams carbohydrates, and 3 grams of fat.
I could almost could call this pistachio dessert sugar-free, except for that dang Vanilla Wafer.
In the meantime, YOU NEED THIS LOW CALORIE DESSERT!! (also check out my 8 desserts under 100 calories here)
The basic recipe included the crust, which was simply 20 regular sized Nilla wafers.
Other crust ideas you could try would be graham cracker crumbs, crushed nuts, or even a pre-made pie shell.
For the pistachio layer, I used:
- Fat free cream cheese. This can be hard to find. I only have one local store that carries it. It’s my Smith’s/Kroger in Utah county.
- Sugar free pistachio pudding mix.. because OF COURSE! If you follow me at all, you’ll know I’m obsessed with this pudding m mix in everything from yogurt to oatmeal.
- Nonfat plain Greek yogurt. This helped my pistachio layer to be extra creamy, with a little added protein!
- And of course, Cool whip! Because it’s what desserts are made from! And at 20 calories for two tablespoons, I usually have some on hand.
Then, you can top everything with some
- Extra cool whip
- Crushed pistachios
- and shaved dark chocolate. (totally optional!)
After you have your layers, you can eat it right away, or store in the fridge or freezer. When you put it in the freezer (my preference), just remove from the freezer for 10-20 minutes, and it will be soft enough to take a bite without breaking your teeth!
If you like this recipe, you might also like
Low Calorie Creamy Pistachio Layered Dessert Bites
- 20 regular Nilla Wafers
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar free pistachio pudding mix
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek Yogurt
- 8 tablespoons sugar free cool whip or light whipped topping
- 6 tablespoons sugar free cool whip or light whipped topping
Optional for garnishing (not included in calories and macros)
- 10 regular pistachios, crushed
- 1 tablespoon shaved dark chocolate
- Arrange 20 vanilla wafer cookies on a plate.
- In a small bowl, mix fat free cream cheese, pistachio pudding mix, greek yogurt, and whipped topping with a hand mixer.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the pistachio mix onto each of the cookies.
- Top pistachio mix with 1 teaspoon of cool whip or generic whipped topping.
- If garnishing, sprinkle on top.
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat. You can also put it in the freezer for 20 minutes to make them easier to hold.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!