Simple Low Calorie Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Only using Reduced fat Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, cinnamon, light butter and zero calorie sugar, you can have a low calorie cinnamon rolls, made from Pillsbury Crescent rolls, in just 20 minutes!Jump to Recipe
The calories and macros for these deliciously simple Pillsbury cinnamon rolls are 54 calories, 1 gram protein, 17 g carbs, 2 g fat, and 3 weight watchers points.
Pillsbury Crescent rolls, the kind you buy in a can, have been around for a very long time. In fact, did you know, the technology for the Pillsbury cans was invented in 1931? Then, in 1965 Pillsbury launched the crescent rolls in the can. (read all about the Pillsbury history here)
Since the launch of the Pillsbury crescent rolls, many variations have come to market, including the Reduced Fat Pillsbury Crescent Rolls.
So, I used the reduced fat Pillsbury Crescent Rolls to make these DELICIOUS, quick, easy, simple Cinnamon Rolls!
There are SO MANY different types of Pillsbury Canned Cinnamon rolls. They have big ones, small ones, reduced fat ones, strawberry, pumpkin, hot cocoa with marshmallow, orange, cinnamon toast crunch, cinnasticks, and more. But, they all range from 130-150 calories per cinnamon roll.
Also, the prepackaged cinnamon rolls have 10 grams of sugar.
My DIY version of the Crescent cinnamon rolls only have 54 calories and 2 grams of sugar!
Easy recipe for lower calorie, low fat Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
In order to make these crescent cinnamon rolls, I used a can of the reduced fat Pillsbury cinnamon rolls, and spread out the dough onto a floured surface.
With the dough spread out, I topped it with cinnamon, light butter, and zero calorie sugar. Then, rolled it up like a cinnamon roll and baked! While one reduced fat crescent roll is 90 calories per roll, because I got 14 cinnamon rolls out of this recipe, the calories came down to 54, even with the sweet, cinnamony toppings.
So, check them out, and give this recipe a try next time you want a quick, simple, 20 minute cinnamon roll, without the calories and sugar! These homemade Pillsbury cinnamon rolls will hit the spot!
- 1 can reduced fat crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons light butter
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Golden Monk Sugar
- 1 tablespoon xylitol
- 2 tablespoon zero calorie powdered sweetener
- 1 tablespoon water
- Open the can of reduced fat crescent rolls, and unroll the dough on a floured surface. Do not separate the crescent rolls
- pinch the seams together to make one large piece of dough.
- Spread softened butter on dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon, and zero calorie sugars.
- Roll up from the long end of the dough. Slice into 14 cinnamon rolls, about 1 inch each.
- Arrange in 8X8 pan, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes, or until the tops start to turn golden brown.
- Whisk together the zero calorie powdered sugar and water. Drizzle over hot cinnamon rolls.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST
Simple is right…so easy to make and they were delish!
great low fat version of cinnamon rolls