Reduce calories and increase protein in your favorite breakfast, waffles! You’ll have breakfast for 90 calories per waffle and 9 grams of protein. Plus, they are gluten free!
Anytime protein and carbs are balanced, I get excited! With 9 grams of protein per waffle, and 11 grams of carbs, these waffles can fit perfectly into your diet.
Much like my low calorie pancakes, these low calorie waffles are addicting!
The ingredients in these low calorie waffles include Greek yogurt, oats, and egg whites.
- Reduce the size of the waffles (these mini waffles are made with the coolest $10 mini waffle iron ever, the DASH!
- Increase the protein by adding egg whites and Greek Yogurt.
- Lower the calories by using nonfat Greek yogurt and egg whites.
- Make them healthier by replacing the flour with oats. (and it makes them gluten free!)
- Make them healthier by adding fruit to the top!
- Reduce the calories by using sugar free syrup.
A recent scroll through my Facebook feed alerted me to the recent tread, the DASH MINI WAFFLE IRON. So many people are making “chaffles” with them. These are just an egg and cheese, made into a mini waffle. I have to admit, I was intrigued enough to BUY the Dash Waffle Iron.
I headed over to Target, because sometimes I’m impatient, and I don’t even want to wait for shipping for a day. And luckily, Target had the Dash Waffle Iron, and it was only $10!
I bought two! One for me, and one for my daughter who is serving a mission for our church in Houston Texas.
To make these healthy waffle
These couldn’t be easier. I simply:
- Gathered the ingredients. The main ingredients are oats, nonfat Greek yogurt, and egg whites. The secondary ingredients I used baking powder and salt, and ground cinnamon for taste.
- Then, I blended it altogether. If you just mix with your hand, your oats will be chunky. Which might be good, but I wanted these gluten free waffles to be smooth.
- Then, I heated that mini waffle maker, and added 4-5 tablespoons of batter. No more, or it will spill over!
- Then, cooked until the little light went out and they were finished!
Then, to make these low calorie waffles super indulgent, I added blueberries, whipped, cream and sugar free syrup!! SOOOO YUMMY
READ NEXT– > LOW CALORIE PANCAKES