Prepping baked oatmeal is perfect when you need a quick meal on busy mornings. This protein packed cinnamon roll baked oatmeal is a complete meal, made with oats, egg whites, and Greek yogurt.
Eating oatmeal for breakfast is a great way to start your day. Not only is oatmeal a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, but it as far as grains go, it’s high in protein as well. (check out my other recipes for more healthy whole grains here)
Baked oats is making your oatmeal into a cake or bread like dish, rather than a hot cereal. It’s a great option because unlike regular oatmeal, you don’t need a spoon to eat it. It’s portable, filling, and delicious.
While I love some baked oats with berries or other fruits, I REALLY love this version of baked oats. Cinnamon Roll Baked Oats!
Rich with sweet cinnamon and topped with some sugar free icing, it may taste like dessert, but so much healthier.
To make this cinnamon roll baked oats high in protein, and low in sugar and calories, I included some key ingredients:
- For extra protein I used Greek yogurt.
- For extra protein I used egg whites.
- For lower calories I used unsweetened almond milk (30 calories per cup)
- For lower calories I used zero calorie Monk Sugar.
- For lower calories I used fat free cream cheese.
- For lower calories, I kept the oats down to 1 cup, and soaked them for a few hours to get a little more volume out of it.
The final recipe, when cut into 9 pieces and cooked in an 8X8 pan gave me 52 calories, 3.5 grams protein, 8.3 grams carbs, and 1 g fat per bar.
I store these in the fridge and eat them all week. They are delicious cold, but also warmed up in the microwave! I will literally take it either way!
So, give these a try, and let me know what you think!!