This classic, 2 ingredient chaffle recipe, is a quick and healthy way to start your day! With only 1 egg, and 1 ounce of cheese, you’ll have a “Cheese Waffle”, in minutes!
If you haven’t tried a chaffle yet, you’re missing out! A chaffle is a “cheese waffle”, that has gone viral in the keto community. Although I am not following a keto diet, I’ve shared two other versions of a chaffle.
- My low fat chaffle, which makes a delicious gluten free substitute for a sandwich. This one has egg whites and fat free cheese.
- And my 5 minute chicken chaffle, which makes a yummy lunch. This one has some canned chicken with the egg and cheese.
Today, I decided to make a classic chaffle recipe, and I was NOT disappointed! To make a basic chaffle, you just need an egg and cheese. You can really make this recipe in any amount, and it usually turns out. But, for classic chaffles, I’d start with
- 1 whole egg
- 1 ounce of cheddar (or Colby jack) cheese.
Whisk these together and pour it into a non-stick mini waffle maker, like the Dash waffle maker. The mini waffle maker is only $10 at Target or Amazon, and it’s well worth it for portion controlled waffles in any variety! I love the size of this. I even bought and shipped one to my daughter serving a church mission in Texas.
I’m excited about all the different possibilities starting with a basic chaffle recipe. From here, adding veggies, ham, other cheeses, and even sweet ingredients can give you so many ideas for a delicious breakfast.
Classic Chaffle Recipe
- waffle maker
- 1 medium egg
- 1 ounce colby jack cheese (or cheddar)
- Whisk egg with cheese together.
- Cook in a preheated, non stick, mini waffle iron.
- EAT!! (add salt if desired)
Check out my latest TV spot on KSL Studio 5 where I’m sharing the chaffle!!