Delicious berry protein ice cream with only 3 ingredients: Raspberries, banana, and vanilla protein powder! This Protein berry ice cream has 26 grams of protein, making it a healthy afternoon treat.Jump to Recipe
The calories and macros for this protein ice cream with berries is 218 calories, 26 grams protein, 26 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fat and just 1 WeightWatcher Personal Point!
I’m back with another protein ice cream. Although it’s fall, and not really ice cream season, I just couldn’t resist.
Blending a frozen banana with protein powder has become a mainstay for me and an afternoon treat. It started with this protein soft serve sundae, and then I made this Caramel Banana Soft serve ice cream. It’s the FASTEST, healthy protein dessert on the planet. The key is to have a frozen banana all ready to go in your freezer at all times!
But as I said, the possibilities are endless with different flavored protein powders, and different flavors of sugar free syrups. (for chocolate protein ice cream, click here)
How to make Berry Protein Ice Cream
So, today, I stuck with a simple protein berry ice cream and used:
- 1 scoop protein powder (vanilla). For vanilla, which I try to use 9 out of 10 times I use it in recipes, I buy the bag you can find at Costco, Optimum Nutrition brand. For flavored protein powder, I like Clean Simple Eats, and Uniconutrition.
- 1/2 frozen banana. Normally, I use a full frozen banana, but I wanted to add the frozen berries, without changing the texture too much- because the texture is perfect!
- And then, 1/2 cup frozen berries.
To get that creamy ice cream texture, the trick to the perfect protein ice cream is a food processor! This can not be done in a blender. Since there is no liquid added, your fruit and protein powder probably won’t blend. But in a food processor, it stays thick and blends nicely.
You don’t have to spend an arm and a leg for a food processor either. I have had this small one (Cuisinart Mini for $40) for a decade. I totally need a new one, and I have to hold down the power button to make it work, but it’s been pretty solid.
So, anyway- pin, print, like, share.. do all the things if you want to make this ice cream. Tag me on your social media so I can see!
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 medium frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor. You don't need liquid if you can use a food processor. this is necessary to get the smooth creamy texture!
- Must eat right away. Will melt quickly.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!