Delicious protein ice cream with only 3 ingredients: Raspberries, banana, and vanilla protein powder! This Protein berry ice cream has 26 grams of protein, making it a healthy afternoon treat.Jump to Recipe
The calories and macros for this protein ice cream with berries is 218 calories, 26 grams protein, 26 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fat and just 1 WeightWatcher Personal Point!
I’m back with another protein ice cream. Although it’s fall, and not really ice cream season, I just couldn’t resist.
Blending a frozen banana with protein powder has become a mainstay for me and an afternoon treat. It started with this protein soft serve sundae, and then I made this Caramel Banana Soft serve ice cream. It’s the FASTEST, healthy protein dessert on the planet. The key is to have a frozen banana all ready to go in your freezer at all times!
But as I said, the possibilities are endless with different flavored protein powders, and different flavors of sugar free syrups. (for chocolate protein ice cream, click here)
So, today, I stuck with a simple protein berry ice cream and used:
- 1 scoop protein powder (vanilla). For vanilla, which I try to use 9 out of 10 times I use it in recipes, I buy the bag you can find at Costco, Optimum Nutrition brand. For flavored protein powder, I like Clean Simple Eats, and Uniconutrition.
- 1/2 frozen banana. Normally, I use a full frozen banana, but I wanted to add the frozen berries, without changing the texture too much- because the texture is perfect!
- And then, 1/2 cup frozen berries.
The trick to the perfect protein ice cream is a food processor! This can not be done in a blender. Since there is no liquid added, your fruit and protein powder probably won’t blend. But in a food processor, it stays thick and blends nicely.
You don’t have to spend an arm and a leg for a food processor either. I have had this small one (Cuisinart Mini for $40) for a decade. I totally need a new one, and I have to hold down the power button to make it work, but it’s been pretty solid.
So, anyway- pin, print, like, share.. do all the things if you want to make this ice cream. Tag me on your social media so I can see!
If you like this recipe, you might also like
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 medium frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor. You don't need liquid if you can use a food processor. this is necessary to get the smooth creamy texture!
- Must eat right away. Will melt quickly.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!