This easy low calorie, high protein ice cream is a game changer! This recipe is made with birthday cake protein powder, almond milk, sugar free pudding mix, and sprinkles!Jump to Recipe
The total calories for this high protein ice cream is 142 calories, 25 grams of protein, 6 grams of carbs, and 2 grams of fat.
If you aren’t a fan of the new protein powders that have found their way into the market over the last decade, it could be that you just haven’t tried the right one!
Recently, I tried 13 different protein powders (15 now!), to evaluate them for taste alone. (read my conclusions here!) I was so surprised how many of them I didn’t like. Here’s what I learned:
- Apparently, I’m not a huge fan of powders sweetened with stevia
- The cheapest powders were pretty chalky.
- and I like my protein shakes to get very thick and creamy – as opposed to milky and thin.
So, while my go-to protein brand I can buy at Costco or Amazon (for taste, price, and convenience), my favorite TASTING protein powder is from Uniconutrition. The Apollo protein powders are OUT OF THIS WORLD!! For real, if you have some money to find out how amazing protein powder can taste, you should treat yourself to one of these! They have so many flavors like pumpkin, cookie dough, cookies and cream, peanut butter cup, salted caramel, strawberry, and birthday cake!
So, today, I’m using the birthday cake! It is so creamy, just like ice cream should be!
How to make this protein ice cream
To make this ice cream, I used
- 1 scoop Apollo Birthday Cake protein powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar free vanilla pudding mix
- 6 ounces vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- and sprinkles of course!!
After you thoroughly blend those ingredients, pour them into a freezer safe dish. One scoop of this powder actually makes a lot of volume for only 120 calories, and 24 grams of protein!
Then. I just freeze it for a few hours. Not too long, because I like to scoop into it. If you let it freeze overnight, than just sit it out on the counter for about 20 minutes, and it should be soft enough to eat after that.
Birthday Cake Protein Ice Cream
- Blend protein powder, pudding mix, and almond milk in a high powered blender till smooth.
- Pour into a freezer safe dish.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sprinkles, and gently stir it in.
- Freezer for 2 or more hours.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!