Best Chunky Monkey Protein Ice Cream
With just 4 ingredients, banana, protein powder, walnuts, and chocolate, this healthy version of Chunky Monkey Ice cream is packed with protein and nutrients!Jump to Recipe
The nutrition information for this tasty protein ice cream is 227 calories, 14 g protein, 34 g carbs, and 5 grams of fat.
If you’ve ever tried Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey ice cream and liked it, you’ll love this healthier version.
Out of curiosity, I was looking at the ice cream selection at my local grocery store. I look at a lot of labels, just for calories and nutrition information. So, when I checked the Ben&Jerry’s chunky monkey, I was pretty shocked that for 2/3 cup that ice cream is 400 calories!! Holy toledo. That’s a lot of calories, for not a lot of ice cream.
When I looked at all the flavors in the ice cream, I deducted it was basically:
- and chocolate.
Easy enough! That’s all I need to recreate it on my own.
I started with frozen bananas. When you blend frozen bananas in a food processor, it comes out like the creamiest soft serve ice cream you’ve ever had. That’s how I made this peanut butter ice cream here.
I also added a scoop of vanilla protein powder, because I wanted protein ice cream. I used the Optimum Whey Vanilla.
Then, after it was blended, I simply stirred in some chocolate chunks and walnuts.
HOLY MOLY!! This stuff is AMAZING!! Check out the quick video in the recipe below if you have any questions on making this.
If you like this recipe, you might also like
Easy Chunky Monkey Protein Ice Cream
- food processor
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 14 grams chocolate chunks
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- Start with frozen bananas! Keep ANY overripe bananas you might have and save them in the freezer. That way, this ice cream is only 5 minutes away!
- Blend frozen bananas in a food processor with protein powder. No liquid is needed. If you blend long enough, your ice cream will be CREAMY and delicious. Just like soft serve.
- Fold in the chocolate and walnuts.
- Eat IMMEDIATELY for soft and creamy ice cream. Store in freezer for traditional ice cream consistency.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!