Free printable nutrition worksheets like coloring pages, crossword puzzles, and word searches!
Whether you are headed to present at a school, a hospital, you homeschool, or you are teaching your kids some important lessons on nutrition, it’s always nice to have a pre-made worksheet or handout for your students! The biggest problem I’ve found with looking for nutrition worksheets online is most of the sites I land on want you to create an account, or there are so many ads you don’t know how to download it.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
The best kids nutrition printable resource
Hands down, the best site for easy to access free nutrition worksheets and printables is Nourish Interactive. In fact, a good portion of the sites I find in a Google search for printables, are sites that have really just scraped the good worksheets from Nourish interactive. So, save some time, and go straight to the source if you are looking for more than my 9 favorites below.
The following are some of the worksheets I’ve used in my own teaching, and wanted to put them here for you all!
After a lesson and an activity (like this nutrition lesson), sometimes you have a few minutes left that you need to fill. This is the perfect time to pass out one of these free worksheets to your students and let them work on it quietly, at their own desks.
Healthy Food Coloring Pages
- From MomFoodie.com This cute coloring page is made up of healthy food ideas that fit the MyPlate model. You know I’m going to love that!
2) From Nourish Interactive. A MyPlate coloring page with food around the perimiter. This creates a jumping off point to talk about which food belongs in each category.
3) From Whole Kids foundation. This printable is great for turning your lesson into the importance of color in eating a variety of fruits an veggies.
Nutrition Word Search
4) Super Kids Nutrition word search. You can’t go wrong with handing out the classic word search! It will keep kids busy for quite a while, and fill in some much needed time till the end of your presentation.
Nutrition Activities and Printable Games
5) MyPlate Maze from Choosemyplate.gov. This maze reminds me of the kids magazines I used to get as a child. So simple, yet I had to use my finger or a pencil and move through the maze anyway! Love these.
6) Secret Code from MyPlate.gov. For older kids, this code is so fun to decipher! Using the letter key can help kids find out what the missing words are.
7. Another crack the code from Nestle. This one sure looks a lot like the one from the USDA. It’s a little different though, so I thought I’d include it in the activities here.
8) Breakfast word scramble from Nestle. Word scramble! How long has it been since you pulled out one of these? The word is scrambled, but there’s also some clues to help kids learn the most from this nutrition worksheet.
9) This fun crossword puzzle with the names of different fruits is from ESL Ways. They also have some from other food groups as well.
Hopefully these free nutrition worksheets will be helpful to you! What other worksheets do you find helpful in teaching kids nutrition?
READ NEXT–> GO, SLOW, WOAH! NUTRITION ACTIVITY FOR KIDS