Have a healthy breakfast of an Egg white frittata in just 5 minutes! The steps I use to make this meal quick and easy. These eggs are high in protein, and low in calories.
I’m all about the eggs for breakfast. So much, that when the quarantine started and eggs were hard to find for the first few days, I was lost as to know what to do without eggs for breakfast.
So we bought chickens. LOL. I realize they won’t be giving us egg at least until fall, but now we will be prepared!
Eggs are a great source of protein for breakfast, when meat, nuts, or other proteins might feel to heavy in the morning. 1 cup of Egg whites in particular have only 100 calories and a whopping 20 grams of protein! That is a great way to start the day.
So, there are two products I to use for a quick egg white frittata.
- A mini cast iron skillet. I found mine at Hobby Lobby, but here’s a similar one on Amazon.
- Second is my toaster oven! Ever since my family started getting smaller, the toaster oven has become a main feature on my counter. From roasting veggies, to air frying, to quick baking, it’s the best! (check our my instagram highlights for more things I make with the toaster oven). I found mine at Costco, but here is the same toaster oven on Amazon.
How I make the quick Egg white frittata
First, add egg whites to a sprayed cast iron pan. I use some butter flavored cooking spray, cause I like my frittata to just slide out of the pan.
Because I’m using a mini 5 inch cast iron pan, I only can get 1/2 cup of egg whites in it or, 1/2 cup plus 1 egg.
Then, I fry up some veggies separately, just long enough to soften them up. Maybe 2-3 minutes.
Then, I put the pan in the toaster oven for about 4-5 minutes, watching it carefully. As soon as I start seeing it set up, I’ll add a little cheese for the final minute.
And that’s it! 5 minutes to a delicious and healthy egg white frittata!
5 Minute Healthy Egg White Frittata
- Toaster Oven
- Mini cast iron skillet
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 25 grams bell peppers, chopped optional
- 1 small mushroom optional
- 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese
- Spray a small cast iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat your oven to 350 or a mini toaster oven to 350 on bake.
- Chop some veggies and sautee them in a skillet till just softened.
- Pour egg whites into skillet and top with veggies.
- Cook close to the heating element for 3-4 minutes.
- Add cheese, and then finish cooking until the egg whites are no longer runny.
That’s it! I’d love to know what veggies or toppings you like on your egg white frittata!
For more delicious, low calorie, and healthy recipes, follow my page on pinterest!