Made with Chex, graham cracker crumbs, white chocolate chips and protein pumpkin pie powder, this treat is irresistible!Jump to Recipe
When I started this blog, I had no idea at the time what a fan of Clean Simple Eats protein I would become. I started with one of the flavored proteins after I saw so many people raving about it. And from there, the problem has gotten a little out of hand. (check out my favorite clean simple eats recipes here)
Regardless of my vast stash of protein powders, I still recommend to start with an inexpensive vanilla powder (like Optimum Nutrition), and save the CSE proteins for their seasonal flavors.
And the latest seasonal flavor IS PUMPKIN PIE PROTEIN!
Another thing I love about Clean Simple Eats is they send you recipes to use their protein powder. So, when I got the Pumpkin protein, I also got a download for this Protein Pumpkin Pie Puppy Chow (also known as Muddy Buddies, but that might be trademarked!) haha
I only made two changes to their original recipe for Protein puppy chow.
The first swap was instead of using their pumpkin nut butter, I used classic Almond butter.
And secondly, I used Sugar Free White chocolate chips, instead of regular white chocolate chips.
The results: TO DIE FOR! Is that dramatic? It IS so good. I had to portion this out into 1 cup portions, so I can pace myself and only eat one cup each afternoon during my normal meal #3, my protein treat or bar.
CSE Protein Pumpkin Pie Puppy Chow
- 7 cups Chex Rice Cereal
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup white chocolate chips sugar free
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 2 servings Clean Simple Eats Protein Powder Pumpkin Pie flavor
- Pour cereal, graham cracker crumbs and 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, into a large bowl and set aside.
- Add butter, almond butter, honey, 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, salt and cinnamon into a small saucepan on low heat. Stir over heat until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 scoop pumpkin pie protein powder
- Pour hot mixture over dry mixture in the bowl and stir until well coated. sprinkle with 1 more scoop of protein powder. Stir and serve!
- Divide into 1 cup servings so you only eat 1 cup per day!
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!