These delicious pumpkin ice cream sandwiches have 104 calories and 7.5 grams of protein per sandwich. You’ll need protein powder, canned pumpkin, pudding mix, Xantham gum, almond milk. light whipped topping, and graham crackers.
I blame pinterest and instagram for the canned pumpkin shortage! Every time I head to the grocery store for pumpkin, the shelves are empty. There are just too many tasty looking pumpkin treats on social media, I think we’re all trying to maximize those fall flavors and enjoy every bit of it.
But, I kept going back to the store, because I was dreaming about these “ice cream sandwiches”. I was imagining a combination of some of my favorite treats:
All I did was put in a blender:
- Protein powder
- Almond Milk
- Sugar free pudding mix
- and xantham gum.
Then, once blended, I split the pudding into 4 servings, one scoop on each graham cracker.
Then, came my favorite part. I added a scoop of light cool whip, and covered it with a graham cracker to make the sandwich. (see my break down of the Cool Whip nutrition here)
I really could just eat it right then and there, and I did eat some that way. But, putting it in the freezer for just 20-30 minutes made the inside firm enough that it didn’t squeeze out at the first bite.
You can also leave the pumpkin pudding as a dip for a graham cracker, and I did that as well!
So, give it a try and let me know what you think!
Protein Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Blend protein powder, almond milk, canned pumpkin, sugar free pudding mix and xantham gum in a blender for at least 1-2 full minutes.
- Lay out graham crackers in a dish lined with parchment paper in case any pudding spills out.
- Divide the pudding mix into four servings, and place on each graham cracker.
- Top with whipped topping
- Cover with a second graham cracker ,and freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- vegetable category (pumpkin)
- protein (protein powder)
- Grains (graham cracker)