31 clean eating dinner ideas that you can schedule for an entire month! Stick with your weight loss goals, while you feed your family healthy food as well! No need to make two different meals. Everyone should be eating clean anyway!
I recently revealed that I’m training for a fitness competition! In order to stick with a clean eating meal plan, and still make dinner for my family, I needed a list of dinner ideas that would work for both! While I will make the entire meal for the family, I’ll be reducing the carb portion of my own meal. Right now, it’s not necessary to eliminate the carbs to eat clean, but I’ll stick to 20ish carbs for dinner, or less.
People may define “clean eating” differently. My definition of clean eating is whole, unprocessed foods. Plants and animals as close to original as possible. Some people go further and say only organic foods qualify, but I don’t.
My main criteria for these clean eating dinner ideas are:
- Fairly low in calories (a standard dinner serving around 300-500 calories)
- Modifiable if the others in the family want to add more food or carbs like rice or tortillas.
- Include a clean protein as the main part. (at least 25-30 grams of proteins)
- Low in carbs (at least it can be made to be low in carbs. (less than 25 grams of carbs)
- Include lots of clean vegetables.
Some clean eating dinner meal ideas that will fit this criteria include:
- Meatballs and spaghetti squash (like spaghetti, but with spaghetti squash instead of noodles.
- Ground beef, mushrooms, and rice
- Chicken stir fry (chicken, rice, onions, broccoli with soy sauce)
- Lettuce chicken wraps (chicken salad wrapped in a lettuce leaf)
- Salad with grilled chicken. (Standard green salad, but with cooked steak on top.)
- Fish and sweet potatoes (Tilapia with a baked sweet potato)
- Burgers and lettuce (or a bun) (pictured in this Bright Line Eating post, just a beef patty like a hamburger, but using lettuce for a bun. For the kids, they could use a regular bun)
- Steak or chicken fajitas
- Chicken, Zucchini and salad. Bake the chicken, and then saute some zucchini squash for the side. Include a green salad.
- Steak, bell peppers, salad. I shared this one on Instagram today! A delicious clean eating meal!
- Steak and broccoli. Chop up steak, or prepare a filet. Eat with roasted broccoli.
- Ground beef, zoodles, and spaghetti sauce. Just like spaghetti, except make it with zoodles instead of noodles. (here it is on instagram)
- Hamburger patty on lettuce, zucchini and mushrooms, cabbage salad.
- Asparagus, fish, wild rice
- Chicken, corn tortillas and shredded lettuce.
- Sweet potatoes, broccoli, chicken
- Turkey meatloaf and mashed potatoes with cauliflower
- Chicken taco soup (chicken, rice, veggies)
- Beef stir fry (rice, ground beef, broccoli slaw, cabbage) (pg 125 BFL)
- Turkey goulash (onions, pepper, zucchini, lean ground turkey, tomato sauce, basil, on pasta
- Chef salad (add chicken, ham, and hard boiled eggs)
- Chicken enchiladas (low calorie tortillas and chicken)
- Tuna casserole (Tuna, FF cream of mushrooms, pasta, peas)
- BBQ chicken and rice
- Chicken kabobs with peppers and onion
- Sloppy joes on lettuce (or bun)
- Taco salad
- Chicken tenders with cucumber salad
- Chicken Caesar wraps
- Asian chicken salad
I’ll be taking more pictures of the dinner ideas above over the next month! I’m planning to prepare one meal for my family for the entire month! Wish me luck!