31 clean eating dinner ideas that you can schedule for an entire month! Stick with your weight loss goals, while you feed your family healthy food as well! No need to make two different meals. Everyone should be eating clean anyway!
I recently revealed that I’m training for a fitness competition! In order to stick with a clean eating meal plan, and still make dinner for my family, I needed a list of dinner ideas that would work for both! While I will make the entire meal for the family, I’ll be reducing the carb portion of my own meal. Right now, it’s not necessary to eliminate the carbs to eat clean, but I’ll stick to 20 ish carbs for dinner, or less.
People may define “clean eating” differently. My definition of clean eating is whole, unprocessed foods. Plants and animals as close to original as possible. Some people go further and say only organic foods qualify, but I don’t.
My main criteria for these clean eating dinner ideas are:
- Fairly low in calories (a standard dinner serving around 300-500 calories)
- Modifiable if the others in the family want to add more food or carbs like rice or tortillas.
- Include a clean protein as the main part. (at least 25-30 grams of proteins)
- Low in carbs (at least it can be made to be low in carbs. (less than 25 grams of carbs)
- Include lots of clean vegetables.
Clean eating dinner meal ideas
Clean Eating with Chicken
- Asian chicken salad
- Chicken Caesar wraps
- Chicken tenders with cucumber salad
- Chicken kabobs with peppers and onion
- Chicken stir fry (chicken, rice, onions, broccoli with soy sauce)
- Chicken, corn tortillas and shredded lettuce
- Sweet potatoes, broccoli, chicken
- Chicken taco soup (chicken, rice, veggies)
- Chicken, Zucchini and salad. Bake the chicken, and then saute some zucchini squash for the side. Include a green salad.
- Salad with grilled chicken. (Standard green salad, but with cooked steak on top.)
- Chef salad (add chicken, ham, and hard boiled eggs)
- Chicken enchiladas (low calorie tortillas and chicken)
- BBQ chicken and rice
- Lettuce chicken wraps (chicken salad wrapped in a lettuce leaf)
Here are some recipes with chicken as the main protein.
Clean Eating with Beef
- Hamburger patty on lettuce, zucchini and mushrooms, cabbage salad.
- Beef stir fry (rice, ground beef, broccoli slaw, cabbage) (pg 125 BFL)
- Sloppy joes on lettuce (or bun)
- Taco salad
- Steak and broccoli. Chop up steak, or prepare a filet. Eat with roasted broccoli.
- Ground beef, zoodles, and spaghetti sauce. Just like spaghetti, except make it with zoodles instead of noodles. (here it is on instagram)
- Burgers and lettuce (or a bun) (pictured in this Bright Line Eating post, just a beef patty like a hamburger, but using lettuce for a bun. For the kids, they could use a regular bun)
- Steak or chicken fajitas
- Meatballs and spaghetti squash (like spaghetti, but with spaghetti squash instead of noodles.
- Ground beef, mushrooms, and rice
- Steak, bell peppers, salad. I shared this one on Instagram today! A delicious clean eating meal!
This collection of meal ideas incorporates beef in various forms!
Clean Eating with Fish or Turkey
- Fish and sweet potatoes (Tilapia with a baked sweet potato)
- Tuna casserole (Tuna, FF cream of mushrooms, pasta, peas)
- Asparagus, fish, wild rice
- Turkey meatloaf and mashed potatoes with cauliflower
- Turkey goulash (onions, pepper, zucchini, lean ground turkey, tomato sauce, basil, on pasta
These meal ideas use fish or turkey to add protein!
I’ll be taking more pictures of the dinner ideas above over the next month! I’m planning to prepare one meal for my family for the entire month! Wish me luck!
READ NEXT –> 17 Low calorie soup recipes!
If you like this, you might also like