High Protein Cucumber Tuna Boats Done Right!
These low carb, high protein, Cucumber Tuna Boats were the perfect change to my high protein lunch routine! Here’s how you can make them too!
Combing Tuna with Cucumbers
It’s been a while since I ate tuna, although I have plenty in my pantry. I’ve been getting in a rut during these dieting days, and I’ve had a lot of chicken and ground beef.
When I noticed some tuna pouches in the pantry, I knew it was time to shake up my protein game. Those tuna pouches seem to last forever!
Tuna is kind of low on my list of my go-to protein food ideas, but I’m reconsidering bringing it up a few notches! With a pouch of Tuna, you get 70 calories and a whopping 19 grams of protein! This realization is what led me to create cucumber tuna boats.
The second half of the winning combo is the cucumber! I just love cucumbers. They are so low in calories, yet I think they taste great.
For these cucumber tuna boats, I cut a cucumber lengthwise, and scooped out the softest part of them, so they would be ‘boat like’. The center hollowed out of the cucumber is perfect for holding some tuna like a boat.
Then, I combined the full packet of tuna with a tablespoon of light mayo. It really was plenty of mayo for the amount of tuna in the pouch.
Then, I wasn’t going to do this, but I had some turkey bacon, which I recently became obsessed with! 4 slices of turkey bacon for 2 minutes in the microwave has become a recent indulgence. I hadn’t given it a try, because I’m not a fan of regular bacon. Maybe it’s my bikini prep protein brain, but I’m getting used to this higher protein diet, and almost craving it. So weird to me!
All I know is that I am a big fan of these cucumber tuna boats now!
What do you think about cucumber tuna boats?
Cucumber Tuna Boats
- 1 medium cucumber about 100 grams
- 1 Pouch tuna fish, packed in water (70 calories)
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 slice turkey bacon optional
- 3-4 small cherry tomatoes, Optional
- Slice cucumber length wise, and scrape out the center seeds.
- Combine tuna with light mayonnaise
- Cook 1 slice of turkey bacon in the microwave, according to package directions (optional)
- Slice a cherry tomato into small slices (optional)
- Scoop tuna into the hollowed out cucumber.
- Top with chopped turkey bacon and sliced cherry tomatoes.
For more low calorie, healthy recipes, follow me on pinterest!
Cucumber tuna boats look delicious I’m going to try it today tks
I hope you do! thanks for visiting!