SHARE ON FB & PIN FOR LATER!
I still made the pea salad without the red onion, and it turned out great. To make it “light” I simply reduced the amount of mayo and used light instead of the full calorie variety. I also reduce the cheese, and used bacon bits instead of real bacon.
This is the 5 minute artisan bread recipe and method I have been using for years. It’s TRULY the easiest, fool proof bread on the planet! (the book, Artisan bread in 5 minute)
We also had a list of riddles and prizes for the kids. My husband won a gift basket full of chocolates on Saturday night at a dinner we attended, so he split up the gift basket so that all the kids who came over for dinner went home with a prize! We really had a great night!
The Pea Salad Recipe
Simple and Delicious Pea Salad
This yummy pea salad makes a great veggie side for any dinner.
- 16 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup light mayo
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits (or crumbled bacon)
- 2 ounces cubed cheese
- Thaw peas under cold water and a colander.
- Mix light mayo with apple cider vinegar and salt
- Chop red onion and bacon
- Chop cheese into cubes or shred
- Mix all ingredients together and chill until ready to eat.
97 calories, 5 grams protein, 9 grams carbs, 5 grams fat
Hi! I’m Amy, creator and owner of Heath Beet. I share low calorie recipes and portion control hacks to get you eating healthier, feel lighter, and satisfied with less food, to make weight loss finally possible! (Read all about me and my health journey here!)