These delicious Cake flavored protein balls have got to be on your next weight loss meal plan! For 123 calories, you’ll get 4 grams of protein per cake ball!Jump to Recipe
OK!! WHY are we ever buying protein treats at the store any more? Protein bars, protein balls, and all the protein cookies that are sold at my health food store are outrageously expensive. They are pushing $2 or more for one itty bitty treat.
I will never waste my money again on these. And honestly, I don’t even think I’m going to keep buying Built bars! I’ve lived on them for so long, but their calories AND their prices keep going UP!!
But, I will keep buying protein powder and making my own! These cake balls made with protein powder are not only DELICIOUS, but they honestly taste like an indulgent, high sugar cake pop!
To make these protein cake balls, all you’re going to do is:
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Scoop onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Put in the freezer to get cold while you melt the white chocolate.
- Remove from freezer and roll into balls.
- Dip in melted chocolate.
- And sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Put back into the freezer until the white chocolate hardens.
- Then, take them out and eat one right away, and store the rest in the fridge for later.
The ingredients I used for these protein balls included:
- Almond butter. This keeps the dough smooth, but doesn’t give it the peanut butter flavor.
- Honey. This IS dessert after all! And honey is a great natural way to sweeten something.
- Flour. I do have protein balls without flour, but this really makes these taste like cake pops, so leave it in if you can tolerate flour.
- Vanilla protein- I used the Clean Simple Eats vanilla protein, as it’s become the only protein powder I use anymore. It just works with everything (baking, drinking, etc.)
- Cake batter extract (or flavoring). This isn’t hard to find anymore. Any grocery store baking aisle carries cake batter flavoring near the vanilla extract.
- Sugar free white chocolate chips. These have come a long way over the last 10 years. It melts as smoothly as white chocolate with sugar, and tastes just as sweet.
- And sprinkles, for aesthetics!
So, let me know if you are going to try these protein powder cake balls! Tag me on social media anywhere @healthbeet
Healthy Recipes You might also like
Easy Protein Cake Balls
- 50 grams Sugar free white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles
- Mix almond butter, honey, flour, protein powder, cake batter extract and almond milk in a small bowl until smooth. (you can use 1 more tablespoon of almond milk if necessary, but no more than that or it's much too sticky.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1 1/2 tablespoon size) scoop sticky cake ball dough onto parchment paper on a small cookie sheet (makes 8)
- Put scooped batter into the freezer while you melt the white chocolate.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave and 50% power, 30 seconds at a time.
- Remove cake balls from the freezer, roll into balls and dip in the white chocolate. Return to cookie sheet and sprinkle with a pinch of sprinkles.
- Return to freezer until white chocolate has set. Move to and Store in the fridge until ready to eat..
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!