Choose MyPlate is most recent icon to illustrate the dietary guidelines for Americans. The core of the message is to consume ” a healthy eating pattern that accounts for all foods and beverages within an appropriate calorie level. A healthy eating pattern includes:”
- A variety of vegetables from all of the subgroups—dark green, red and orange, legumes (beans and peas), starchy, and other •
- Fruits, especially whole fruits •
- Grains, at least half of which are whole grains
- Fat-free or low-fat dairy, including milk, yogurt, cheese, and/or fortified soy beverages
- A variety of protein foods, including seafood, lean meats and poultry, eggs, legumes (beans and peas), and nuts, seeds, and soy products
Need meal ideas to fill your portion control plate?