Adding nonfat Greek yogurt and egg whites to this Cookies and Cream protein shake makes it creamy, delicious, and 34 grams of protein!Jump to Recipe
The calories and macros for this Oreo protein shake are 319 calories, 34 grams of protein, 22 grams of carbs, and 5 grams of fat!
How to make Cookies & Cream Protein Shake
To make this protein shake, I started with some Cookies and Cream protein powder. It’s perfectly OK to use vanilla protein powder, and just add 1 oreo to your blender. It still tastes great!
But, if you are going to use the protein powder that tastes like cookies and cream, my favorite is the Combat brand you can find at Costco or Amazon. (amazon link here). It’s affordable, and it tastes great.
The other ingredients I added was:
- Nonfat plain greek yogurt. I don’t usually do this, because I love Greek yogurt, and prefer to eat it out of a bowl. But, it was great in this protein smoothie because increased the protein, and made the shake a little creamier. (check out my Greek yogurt cookies and cream bowl here)
- I also used pasteurized egg whites. This is new to me. I buy the egg whites in a carton from Costco, and I’ve always noticed the recipe on the carton for a fruit smoothie, using the egg whites. While in the past, I never dared to try it, I finally gave in and added it to this protein drink. This increased the protein even more- and now we’re at 34 grams of protein!
- I also used Ice to make it more like an ice cream shake.
- And finally, skim milk! This helps to reduce the calories, while still getting a creamy drink.
- Bonus: Mini Oreo’s! I like the little Oreo’s you can get in their Snack Packs. Each one is only 15 calories, and they are so yummy for garnishing!
What to eat your protein shake with for balance.
If you’re going to have a protein shake for breakfast, consider adding foods from other groups such as
- Grains: Eat it with toast, oatmeal, or an English Muffin.
- Fruit: Eat the smoothie with a banana, berries, or grapefruit!!
If you like this recipe, you might also like
Cookies and Cream Protein Shake
- 1 scoop Combat Cookies and Cream Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons pasteurized egg whites
- 1/2 cup ice
- 12 grams Oreo cookie (or 4 mini Oreo's)
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream
- Blend protein powder, milk, yogurt, egg whites, and ice in a blender.
- If you decide to use vanilla protein powder, add the 4 mini cookies to the last 3 seconds of blending.
- Pour into glass and top with cookies and whipped cream.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!