This homemade, Cookies and Cream no bake protein bars recipe has 14 grams of protein per bar.
Why buy protein bars from the store, when you can make your own homemade protein bars? And you don’t even have to bake them.
For me, it comes down to convenience. You’d think it’s more convenient to buy protein bars, but to be honest, I’ll eat them before I even get home from the store, and then I have nothing.
So, instead, I actually prefer to make them. And since you don’t have to bake them in the oven, they only take minutes to put together. I have a recipe that is generally my staple, and I can make all sorts of variations.
The original protein bar is here. This one is almost the same, except a little crispier, and I added some real Oreo’s!
The mini-snack pack Oreo’s are only 14 calories per oreo. So, I crushed one up and added it to my protein bar dough.
The final no-bake protein bar Ingredients included:
- 1 scoop (30 grams) cookies and cream protein powder (I like the Combat brand from Costco)
- 1/3 cup rice Krispies– These added a nice little fresh crisp to the bars.
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter The kind with sugar. If you use natural peanut butter, you might want to add a sweetener like honey. But because my peanut butter is the regular Jif or Skippy or Store brand, I don’t usually add a sweetener.
- 1 tablespoon almond milk, vanilla unsweetened. I love using this as it’s only 30 calories per cup!
- and 1 mini baby oreo that weighed 3 grams. For real. I weighed it to calculate the calories. That’s how I got 14 calories per Oreo.
The macros and calories on these were that it makes 2 bars for 172 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔, 14 𝒈 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒊𝒏, 11 𝒈 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒃𝒔, 9 𝒈 𝒇𝒂𝒕 (per bar)
If you like these protein bars, I also have:
If you decide to try these, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
Homemade Cookies and Cream Protein Bars
- Mix protein powder, rice krispies, peanut butter and almond milk in a bowl. You may need to really mash it together.
- Crush one baby oreo (or more, but add 14 calories for each oreo you add). Mix it into your dough.
- Form dough into bars and eat!