I love to use spaghetti squash with a variety of toppings, especially taco toppings! This spaghetti squash has ground beef, avocado, tomatoes, and fat free cheese!Jump to Recipe
Adding toppings like ground beef and tomatoes to spaghetti squash makes this healthy meal perfect for taco lovers! Not only is this spaghetti squash taco bowl super filling, but it’s packed with veggies, protein, and fits into your diet perfectly.
This lunch fits perfectly with the Bright Line Eating plan. To make this a bright line eating recipe, I used:
- Protein: 2 ounces ground beef with 1 ounce cheese
- Veggies: 200 grams of spaghetti squash
- Fat: Add avocado for the fat!
Other diets this recipe works for:
- If you are following a Body For Life plan, it has a serving of protein (the ground beef) plus a serving of carbs (the spaghetti squash)
- Macro counters will love this spaghetti squash taco. 20 grams protein, 22 grams carbs, and 7 grams fat.
- Using the smart points weight watchers calculator, the whole meal would be 4 points.
- And of course this works great if you are on bikini prep! It balances protein and carbs perfectly.
To make the spaghetti squash first, I cut the squash in half and scooped out the seeds. Then, I wrapped the ends in foil and baked at 350 for about 1 hour.
After the squash was cooked and soft, I filled the inside with cooked ground beef and tomatoes. I didn’t shred the flesh yet. Then, I sprinkled a little cheese and taco seasoning on top and put it back in the oven to melt the cheese. Just for a few minutes.
Then, once the cheese was melted, I took it out and stirred it all up! SO YUMMY!
Spaghetti Squash Taco Bowl
- 200 grams spaghetti squash
- 2 ounces ground beef extra lean
- 1 ounce fat free cheddar cheese
- 1 smidge taco seasoning
- 20 grams tomato
- 30 grams avocado
- Bake spaghetti squash by cutting the squash in half, scooping out seeds, and covering with foil.
- Bake in a pan at 350, with the foil on, for about 1 hour.
- Cook lean ground beef while spaghetti squash is cooking.
- Remove spaghetti squash from oven when soft to the touch and take off foil.
- Fill the spaghetti squash hole with toppings such as ground beef, avocado, cheese, beans, corn, taco seasoning, tomatoes and anything else you like.
- Return to the oven for 4-5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Take out of oven, stir the insides, and eat!
Pin this delicious meal idea and follow me on pinterest!