Weight loss diary: Bikini prep 2023
One thing I get lots of criticism for (mostly from my loved ones) is that I like bland meals. Even when I’m not dieting, herbs, spices, flavoring, etc. hasn’t always been a priority for me. Give me a little salt, and I’m good to go!
But, I have been finding some seasonings that I enjoy enough to use regularly the last few years. So, I thought I’d share a few of them here. These are the seasonings I use on a regular basis!
- The Feast Mode Ranch, and any other FeastMode seasoning!
- Kernel Seasonings Popcorn (especially Nacho Cheddar flavor)
- Garlic salt (great for chicken and ground turkey)
- Lawry’s seasons salt- I like this on eggs
- Bolthouse ranch (I even put this on veggies (raw and cooked, PLUS I’ll even drizzle it on meat. It’s pretty great
- G Hughes sugar free BBQ sauce (great on chicken!)
- G Hughes Sugar free honey mustard sauce (I’ll put this on meat, especially chicken)
- Stone ground mustard and regular mustard (so good on ground turkey!)
- Light sour cream ( I love this on veggies, chicken and ground turkey)
- light mayo (I love this on chicken and ground turkey)
I’d love for you to share in the comments your favorite low calorie seasonings and sauces too!
1256 calories 173 g protein, 63 g carbs, and 33g fat
𝑯𝒊𝒈𝒉 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒊𝒏-𝑳𝒐𝒘 𝑪𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒆
- 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭: 1/2 cup oatmeal with cinnamon. Plus 1 cup egg whites, 1/2 ounce cheddar cheese and mushrooms.
- 𝐋𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡: 6 ounces chicken, Lettuce, carrots, and 2 tablespoons Bolthouse Ranch Dressing
- 𝐒𝐧𝐚𝐜𝐤: I got a new protein powder I wanted to try, so I had protein waffles for a snack X2! I used like always 1 scoop of protein powder and 1/2 cup liquid egg whites.
- 𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫: This delicious dinner had TWO zucchini’s, spiralized. I can’t wait till summer when we can grow some, because I’ll be eating this EVERY DAY!
So, two zucchini’s, 5 ounces ground turkey, mushrooms and 1 tablespoon light sour cream.
- 1364 calories, 170 g protein, 104g carbs, 27 g fat
- 🥣BREAKFAST New yogurt mix in today!!
This was sooooo good. I used nonfat plain Greek yogurt, with sugar free lemon pudding mix and blueberries!! Wow. Wow wow. Such a great flavor combo! Also breakfast, 1 cup egg whites, half ounce cheese and mushrooms
- 🥣 LUNCH Chicken salad with 6 ounces chicken (raw weight), 2 tablespoons bolthouse ranch, carrots, lettuce and an apple on the side.
- 🥣SNACK More yogurt with lemon pudding AND protein powder x 2! Literally had three bowls of yogurt today. 🤦♀️
- 🥣DINNER Sweet potato, bell peppers and more chicken!
1519 calories 164 g protein, 88 g carbs, and 55g fat
𝑯𝒊𝒈𝒉 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒊𝒏-𝑳𝒐𝒘 𝑪𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒆
- 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭: Breakfast was 1 cup egg whites, 1 whole egg (my friend gave us a whole bowl full of fresh eggs from her chickens!) 1/2 ounce cheese, and 1/3 cup oats with raspberries.
- 𝐋𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡: Pretty sad looking salad with Bolthouse dressing and chicken. I was saving room in my calories for dinner!
- 𝐒𝐧𝐚𝐜𝐤: More yogurt with protein powder AND pudding mix!
- 𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫: Yum!! Sunday night dinner is always a little extra! I cooked a roast *we just bought a 1/4 of a cow, so some pretty great beef. Then, those raw yummy tortillas from costco (140 calories each), some avocado, tomatoes, and light sour cream!! EVERY CALORIE WAS WORTH IT!
I did get a cheesecake for my nieces birthday, but I didn’t have any.
Normally, I’d at least have a bite or two of the cheesecake, but it’s crazy how my mindset completely changes when I’m on prep. During the rest of the year, I can negotiate with myself to eat anything. On prep- there is no negotiating. I just decide I won’t cheat, and I don’t. One reason I think it’s different is because I’m not trying to avoid treats for life. Just for a few months. It feels possible when I know I can have cheesecake at a later time. And delaying gratification is not just half the battle for me… it IS the battle. If I can just delay impulses, I can be ultra consistent.