This is a fun integrated warm-up activity for PE class that ties in with computer coding.
- I made a poster that assigned an activity to a color spot. (see below)
- The color spots on the poster coordinated with small poly-spots that the students could place on the ground. We use these colored poly-spots for many activities.
- I had my students in small groups of 3-4.
- Each group designed a warm-up sequence by choosing 5-6 color spots and laying them in a row.
- They then went through the room completing the activities in each groups “code”.
They really enjoyed figuring out the codes and were also very active.
As a follow-up, I have made smaller “code” cards for each student. I plan to lay out a big code in the gym and then let the students follow the code as they walk through they gym.