This is a fun integrated warm-up activity for PE class that ties in with computer coding.
- I made a poster that assigned an activity to a color spot. (see below)
- The color spots on the poster coordinated with small poly-spots that the students could place on the ground. We use these colored poly-spots for many activities.
- I had my students in small groups of 3-4.
- Each group designed a warm-up sequence by choosing 5-6 color spots and laying them in a row.
- They then went through the room completing the activities in each groups “code”.
They really enjoyed figuring out the codes and were also very active.
As a follow-up, I have made smaller “code” cards for each student. I plan to lay out a big code in the gym and then let the students follow the code as they walk through they gym.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.