The eating plan, with the most research confirming it’s efficacy, is half your plate should come from fruits and veggies. Years of research confirms that eating this way will have the biggest positive impact on your health. Some benefits to making half your plate fruits and vegetables include:
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Improving immunity
- Keeping your diet low in calories
- Reducing disease risk
- Getting adequate fiber each day
- Re-training taste preferences for overly sweet or salty foods.
- giving you more energy throughout the day
This meal above was dinner on our portion control plates last night! It was so delicious. We had
- Broccoli patties (recipe below)
- Beef Stronganoff with 1 ounce bowtie pasta, 2 ounces ground beef, mushrooms, peas, cream of mushroom soup.
- And blueberries!
This portion plate makes it EASY to make 1/2 plate of fruits and veggies!
The total nutrition for this plate included
- 302 calories
- 23 g protein
- 36 g carbs
- 8 g fat
For the broccoli patties On this plate is 1/3 of the recipe, but for ENTIRE recipe was
- 198 calories
- 14 g protein
- 18 g carbs
- 8 g fat
- 1 cup riced broccoli
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 medium egg
- Using a bag of frozen, riced broccoli, cook in microwave for 1-3 minutes to thaw. Squeeze liquid out of bag.
- Combined cooked riced broccoli with egg and parmesan cheese
- Form a patty with the broccoli mix, and grill on a skillet on both sides until cooked.