This recipe for homemade, no-bake, protein chocolate peanut butter bars taste like the real thing! With only 4 ingredients: graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter, protein powder and chocolate chips, you’ll want to make these every day.Jump to Recipe
UPDATE 1/13/22- I replaced the regular chocolate chips with lily’s sugar free chocolate chps and it brought the calories and macros to 163 calories, 5 g protein, 11 g carbs, and 10 g fat. Only 2 WeightWatcher Personal Points!
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
What are no-bake peanut butter bars?
YUM!!! You guys know the delicious peanut butter bars that includes graham cracker crumbs, with a chocolate layer on top. (Here’s one from Six Sister’s Stuff) THESE ARE THOSE BARS, except healthier, with protein powder, no butter, and No-sugar added chocolate chips!
What ingredients make these no-bake peanut butter bars healthier?
- Graham cracker crumbs– classic ingredient, but I used less than the traditional recipe.
- Peanut Butter – use regular peanut butter with the added sugar, if you use natural peanut butter you will probably want to add in some sugar
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder which adds protein, but lets the other flavors show up
- no-sugar milk chocolate chips (Lily’s is my favorite brand) to minimize the sugar content
How to make no-bake protein bars
- Gather ingredients and crush graham crackers to make 1/4 c crumbs
- Mix peanut butter, protein powder, and graham cracker crumbs
- Mold the peanut butter on parchment paper.
- Melt no sugar added chocolate and pour on top
- Chill until chocolate firms
These no bake protein peanut butter bars are such a great dessert for those days when you just need a little chocolate in your life! They are a comfort food for me because they remind of school lunch! Does anyone else remember the peanut butter bars served with school lunch? They were my favorite! Our lunch ladies made them about once a month and it was definitely a special treat. The traditional recipe for these bars call for over 1 cup of butter and 2 cups of sugar! (12 serving size) That brings the calories to over 500 per serving plus 36 grams of fat. Yikes! I love it when I can tweak a recipe to make a treat that I can eat without blowing my diet goals.
Why I love peanut butter recipes
Peanut butter is such a great ingredient for both sweet and protein packed snacks. While you need to watch quantity because of the high calorie and fat content, small amounts give you a lot of nutritional value including:
- Protein: peanut butter has an average of 9 grams per 2 tablespoons
- Vitamin E: helps fight germs and keep blood vessels clear of clots
- Vitamins B3(Niacin): improves cholesterol levels by raising your HDLs
- Vitamin B6: helps prevent inflammation
- Manganese: essential nutrient for your body and often used to treat osteoporosis
- Magnesium: another essential nutrient that plays a role in muscle and nerve development, bone health, and stable blood sugar
- Copper: good for bone health and immune function
And we all know peanut butter and chocolate are magical together! So give these no bake protein bars a try and you’ll find a new favorite dessert worth managing your calories for.
If you like this recipe, you might also like
Healthy No Bake Protein Peanut Butter Bars
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter, and protein powder, until a dough forms. spread onto parchment paper in a square.
- Melt chocolate chips and spread on top.
- Refrigerate until chocolate chips get firm.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!