Delicious recipe for homemade lemon blueberry no bake protein bars! These bars use oats, protein powder, cashew butter, lemon flavored Jello mix, blueberries, and a yummy sugar free white chocolate coating, for a filling energy bar!Jump to Recipe
This recipe makes four no-bake bars. The nutrition information for calories and macros on these protein bars are 121 calories, 14 grams of carbs, 9 grams of protein and 5 grams of fat each.
I’ve been on a mission to create loads of variations of my popular, no-bake protein powder bars here. And every single time, they just keep getting better and better!
It’s been my goal this past year to eat 40% of my macro calories in protein, which is usually between 100-150 grams of protein. So, I like to have options for my protein powder beyond shakes. (see my protein powder taste test here)
How to flavor no-bake protein bars
There’s many ways to flavor your homemade, no-bake protein bars. Some ways that I’ve experimented with include:
- Using different flavored protein powders. I love a classic vanilla whey protein powder, like the Optimum Nutrition from Costco. This makes a base that you can use in a variety of flavors. But, I also LOVE flavored powders like Protein Cookie Butter, where I made this birthday cake baked oats, Salted Caramel from Clean Simple Eats, or cookies and cream!
- Use different extracts or flavored zero calorie syrups! I couldn’t believe it when I finally noticed my Walmart had cake batter flavored extract, caramel extract, and of course vanilla, lemon, orange and almond extract. All of these would make yummy flavored protein bars.
- Use Sugar free Jello mix! I’ve been using sugar free Jello or pudding mix for SO MANY recipes! In fact, I just started a pinterest board for my Jello obsession. So, to make this recipe lemon flavored, I used the Lemon Sugar Free Jello mix! So easy!
With those low calorie flavor ideas, you can literally make a homemade protein bar recipe any flavor you wish! So easy!!
For this recipe, I wanted to do sort of a copycat (in name only) to a Lemon Blueberry Luna bar! So, this is what I came up with!
- vanilla protein powder
- lemon flavored jello mix
- cashew butter to hold it together
- and sugar free white chocolate to make it EXTRA tasty!!
Let me know if you decide to give these a try!!
If you like this recipe, you might also like
Lemon Blueberry Protein Bars
- 8 small blueberries
- 45 grams Lily's sugar free white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Put all ingredients in a small bowl, and only use enough of the almond milk to make a dough from your mixture. Form four bars from the dough.
- Create a little indention in the top of the bar to place your blueberries on. Put the bars and the blueberries in the freezer while you melt the white chocolate.
- Take out of freezer and spoon white chocolate over the bars. Sprinkle the top with lemon zest.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!