Simple and delicious recipe for guilt free, low calorie lemon cookies!
LOW CALORIE TREAT DAY! ? I’m always trying to create recipe that will fit into a low calorie diet. Counting calories is the best way to be flexible with your eating plan, while still able to maintain a healthy weight.
Spring is the perfect time for lemon cookies!
The Low calorie swap
The only swap I made here to save calories was in the butter. Most cookies like this are packed with butter and therefore, have many calories that come with it!
I haven’t browsed the butter/margarine selections at the grocery store in quite some time. I remember the rise and fall of margarine and their very harmful trans-fats, and never looked at options for butter again.
That was until one day when I thought about looking for low-calorie butter options to use for cookies. I did find one, and the low calorie lemon cookies turned out DIVINE! The butter I used was Country Crock light, which is just a blend of oils, water, and salt. No hydrogenated oils or artificial stuff in it.
Low Calorie Lemon Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup cake flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoon light butter (35 cal per tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon lemon rind
- 1 medium egg lightly beaten
- In a food processor, mix all ingredients until a dough forms.
- Chill in fridge for 1 hour.
- Drop by tablespoon onto a sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and more lemon zest.
14 g carbs
1.4 g protein
1.6 g fat