Low Fat Peanut Butter Fruit Dip
Using nonfat Greek yogurt, peanut butter powder and some honey, this low fat peanut butter fruit dip is perfect with bananas, apples, or pears. Only 1 gram of fat, but 26 grams protein!
This fruit dip was the third fruit dip I shared recently on my local news, Studio 5. They have been very popular! Unfortunately, they moved me through the segment so quickly, I was UNABLE to share the peanut butter one here. The other two were
All of these are so delicious. They will for sure get your family eating more fruit! Plus, how can you argue with 1 gram of fat and 26 grams of protein!
Here’s a clip of that segment!
3 Ways to increase protein and decrease fat for peanut butter dip
- Using Greek Yogurt as a base for a variety of fruit dips is a great way to keep the calories low, and the protein high!
- Using peanut butter powder is a great way to keep the calories low as well as the fat. Normally when you would add peanut butter to make a dip, the fat and calories go up, because peanut butter is so nutrient dense. However, with the peanut butter powder, you can get the delicious taste of peanut butter, but they’ve done a great job removing the fat. This is the peanut butter powder I get from Amazon.
- And finally, a tiny amount of honey gives the sweet flavor for this dip, without adding any fat at all. Honey is a natural sweetener that comes with some essential minerals, and a great addition to any healthy diet.
Other variations for this peanut butter fruit dip
While I can’t actually recommend this, because I haven’t tried it, I would love to make some variations of this peanut butter fruit dip with these FLAVORED powdered peanut butter products I found on Amazon! This company, Flavored PB Co. has birthday cake, salted, caramel, churro, donut and blueberry! Sounds amazing, and I will be trying it soon!
Let me know if you decide to make this low fat peanut butter dip, and don’t forget to tag me in your pictures @healthbeet!
Low Fat Peanut Butter Fruit dip
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Mix yogurt with peanut butter powder and honey.
- Chill until ready to eat. Serve with fruit.
READ NEXT- HIGH PROTEIN PEANUT BUTTER FRUIT DIP