When you have guests over for Sunday dinner, try one of these 16 Healthy Sunday dinner ideas!
Each Sunday night we invite our adult kids to dinner. Usually we also have a few nieces and nephews who are living close to go to college, and sometimes I’ll invite my sisters family if we can’t get the young people here.
The bottom line is, each Sunday I try to think of a dinner idea that can be easily scaled to feed anywhere from 10-20 people.
So, instead of reinventing the wheel each week, my husband and I sat down and wrote our best dinner ideas that we can start putting on repeat. With 16 ideas, we would only be repeating a meal after 4 months, which is totally fine!
So, here’s our list. As I make these meals over the next few months, I’ll update this list with details. In the meantime, here they are!
- Carne Asada Tacos– served with corn on the cob, watermelon, and cilantro rice
- Lasagna– served with French bread or rolls, green salad, or fruit salad.
- Café Rio Burrito/salads– served with shredded pork, cheese, rice, beans, salsa, avocado, and tortillas.
- Potato cheese soup– served with Artisan bread and fruit.
- Roast and potatoes – Served with a green salad or roasted veggies.
- Ham and funeral potatoes – served with a green salad, cottage cheese salad or fruit salad.
- Hamburgers – Served with corn on the cob, green salad, fries, or watermelon.
- Chicken Teriyaki/ Hawaiian plate– Served with macaroni salad, coleslaw, or rice.
- Shredded BBQ sandwiches – Served on rolls with corn, green salad, fruit salad, or coleslaw.
- Lettuce Wraps – Served with marinated cucumbers, pot stickers, or egg rolls.
- Navajo Tacos – Served with beef, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, chips.
- Chicken Salad on rolls or croissants- Served with roasted veggies, and fruit.
- White Chicken Chili – Served with Artisan bread.
- Steak and Baked Potatoes – Served with toppings for the baked potatoes, corn on the cob, or watermelon.
- Cheesy Stuffed Shells – Served with French bread, green salad, and fruit salad.
- Hawaiian Haystacks – Served with rice, pineapple, coconut, chow mein noodles, green onions.
As we cook for our guests the next 4 months, I may replace these if they don’t work out. But, history tells me, they are totally going to be a hit!
Let me know your best dinner for a crowd!