With only 3 Ingredients, this tastes like a root beer float, but has 24 grams of protein for a delicious protein shake!Jump to Recipe
Oh my! I did it. I combined my two favorite things in the world right now (Root Beer and Protein) into one epic and delicious protein shake.
I’ve been saying for some time that mixing any flavor drink mix with vanilla protein powder means that you can have a MILLION types of protein drinks.
Ingredients in the root beer float protein shake
- I started with classic vanilla protein powder. When I use plain vanilla, I generally get Optimum Nutrition Whey. It’s pure whey, so there is only 4 g of carbs and 21 g protein. I like to save my carbs for mix-ins. Other protein I buy is Clean Simple Eats, especially their flavored kinds. But the CSE brand does have 9 grams of carbs for 20 grams of protein. So, bottom line, you can use any vanilla protein you would like, but the calories and macros may need to be modified based on what you use.
- Second, A&W drink packets! Did you know they even sell this? I found this at Walmart, but I’m sure you can get it at any grocery store.
- And third, some vanilla unsweetened almond milk. For only 30 calories, I’ve been enjoying almond milk over water in my shakes lately. Personal preference, but water works too.
Then, while I didn’t include it in the “three ingredients” to make this protein shake, you ARE going to need some ice! The more the better and whatever your blender can handle. I use 5-6, and it thickens up the shake like a root beer float just perfectly.
Then of course, I ALWAYS top my protein drinks with whipped cream- It’s only 15 calories for 2 tablespoons!
If you like this recipe, you might also like
Root Beer Float Protein Shake Recipe
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 packet A&W Drink Mix
- 1/2 cup Almond milk (vanilla unsweetened)
- 5 large ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream
- Blend until thick and creamy.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!