Days 31+ of my weight loss journal. Taking a pause to work on maintenance for the holidays, but ready to get back at it today! (See the other days in this weight loss journal here)
Just wanted to share a quick update for those of you following my attempt to lose 10lbs. The holidays were a little harder for me to resist my favorite foods than I thought.
Last I checked in my weigh in was 112.6, and 3 weeks later, I’m still 112.6!
But, here’s the wins for the holidays and how I at least maintained my weight, and didn’t gain!
- I still tracked my food! All of it. Even the quick bites, tastes, cookie dough, food from other people I couldn’t accurately track, etc. I actually averaged about 1800-2000 calories per day, but I tracked it all.
- I did track my exercise calories burned because I wanted a clear picture of what my true maintenance calories could be. Turns out, when I break even on calories burned (exercise plus NEAT) and calories consumed, I Really CAN maintain my weight!
- I never overate! This might be the biggest win of all, and made me feel really proud for enjoying delicious foods, without letting it turn into a binge fest!
- I continued to exercise, which wasn’t hard because I truly love to exercise.
- I saved indulgences for social eating (most of the time). Sometimes I’m guilty of tasting a few cookies before we go to a party, and then also eating those cookies when we get to the party. LOL.
- I always hit 100 grams of protein each day.
- I also realized 112 is a great weight for me. I’d like to be 110 just so I can have a range (110-115), but once I go over 115, it’s a whole new size of jeans for me!
So, there it is. I’m still 112. I’m trying to lose a few more pounds just to have some wiggle room, but I’m so happy to have 5 lbs gone and I think I can keep it here!
I’ll check back in diary style every few weeks and let you know how maintenance is going!