Quick and easy, these low calorie lemon poppyseed donut holes just hit the spot when you need a sweet treat!Jump to Recipe
35 calories each with 0g fat, 7g carbs, and 2g protein
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
Why I Love Low Calorie Desserts
While some people are ashamed to admit that they enjoy “unhealthy food”, I will say that I LOVE treats. There was a time where I tried to give up sugar all together to lose weight. However, I just ended up over eating to compensate for that sugar craving. (Click here for my full weight loss story)!
That was when I realized I had been approaching dieting and weight loss all wrong. Rather than totally cutting out certain foods and being miserable, I needed to find a way to love my health journey. That was the only way it would be sustainable.
So, I started finding ways to make the things I loved, but healthier! As you can imagine, I have come up with more than my fair share of low calorie desserts. Everything from protein ice cream, to pudding to low calorie cookies.
In fact, I’ve even made glazed donut holes before. And I liked them so much, that I wanted to make this lemon poppyseed donut hole recipe!
So, if you’re wanting to lose weight but don’t want to totally give up desserts, try this recipe!
How to Make Lemon Poppyseed Donut Holes
One thing I love about these Lemon Poppyseed Donut Holes is that they only require 5 ingredients! They are super quick to throw together and great for sharing.
- Self rising flour
- Nonfat plain greek yogurt
- Zero calorie sweetener (erythritol)
- Lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients. You’ll need to use your hand to knead it till it makes a dough. A spoon alone won’t mix it properly.
- Portion out 15-20 equal balls (about 15 grams each).
- Cook in the air fryer at 400 degrees for about 4 minutes, or until donut holes begin to brown. (You can also use the oven at 400 degrees)
- Remove from the air fryer.
- Blend erythritol in a blender to make powdered sugar. Combine powdered sugar with a splash of milk to make a glaze.
- Dunk each donut hole in the glaze. Sprinkle it with extra poppy seeds and lemon zest. EAT!!!
If you like this, you might also like
Lemon Poppyseed Donut Holes
- 1 Air fryer (or oven)
- 1 Blender
- 1 cup Self-rising flour
- 2/3 cup Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Zero calorie sweetener (erythritol)
- 2 tsp Poppyseeds
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients.
- Knead the dough with your hands.
- Portion out 15-20 holes. (about 15 grams each)
- Cook holes in air fryer at 400 degrees for 4 minutes. Or until donut holes begin to brown. (You can also use the oven at 400 degrees).
- Remove from the air fryer
Donut Hole Glaze
- Blend erythritol in a blender to make powdered sugar.
- Combine powdered sugar with a splash of milk and coat the donut holes.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!