This delicious Apple Almond Poppyseed salad with chicken can be made ahead to be ready to eat any time!
So, I’ll get right to it- This salad has been a game changer in my love for salads. I always liked salads, but I didn’t LOVE salads until I started adding fruit and poppyseed dressing!
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
This Apple Almond Poppyseed Salad isn’t just a hit for my own tastes, but any time I bring this salad to a party, someone always asks for the recipe.
We were invited to a friends house for dinner last night, and I brought this this apple almond poppseed salad to share! There are some salads I make cause they are healthy and I am trying to eat more greens, and then there are other salad salads I make that are more indulgent for parties and potlucks. This is the one for a party or a potluck!
How to make this Apply Almond Poppyseed Salad
I started with a huge bag of sliced almonds in the freezer.
In the morning, I made the candied almonds:
In a skillet, I used
- 1/4 cup butter,
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, and
- 1/2 cup slice almonds.
I heated the butter until it melted with the brown sugar and then added the almonds to the melted sugar butter. I stirred and cooked the almonds for about 4-5 minutes, and then spread them out to cool on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
The rest was simple and I put it together just minutes before the dinner. I used
- 4 apples, chopped
- Assortment of greens I had including a romaine mix, baby spinach, and a spring mix.
- 1/2 dried cranberries.
- Brianna’s poppyseed dressing.
- The candied almonds.
Before leaving home, I added some dressing to the apples, just so they wouldn’t brown in transit.
After we arrived, I poured about 1/2 cup of the bottle of dressing over the rest and tossed it.
The only thing it was missing was FETA CHEESE! If I had feta, it would have been perfect.
The calorie count on the image is for
- 1/2 of an apple
- a sprinkle of the almonds
- 1 tablespoon of the dressing
- and a few craisins.
To make ahead for your own eating, separate the ingredients into compartments and store in the fridge. Get all the make ahead salad kit ideas here.
Apple Almond Poppyseed Salad
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 4 apples peeled and chopped
- 8 cups assorted greens
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Briannas Poppyseed dressing
- In a skillet, heat the butter until it melts with the brown sugar.
- Then add the almonds to the melted sugar butter.
- Stir and cook the almonds for about 4-5 minutes, and then spread them out to cool on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Toss the Salad
- Chop the apples, and toss the remaining ingredients together in a large bowl.