If you’re looking for a quick, low carb, high protein dinner for two, this Chicken Skillet dinner with carrots and zucchini is your dish! It’s cheesy, salty, and full of flavor!Jump to Recipe
As recent empty nesters, my husband and I make a lot of our own meals. I’ll cook dinner for a larger group on Sunday’s (here’s some of those meals), but the rest of the week, my husband is on his own, and so am I.
It’s worked well for us, as our meals are fairly simple. Usually just a protein and vegetable, that we would put together in under 15 minutes.
But, this dinner I made last night for the both of us, as my husband was outside doing yard work all day, and I had an idea for a flavorful skillet of chicken, zucchini, and carrots.
He was delighted! In fact, I may end up writing down more dinner recipes for two if you want to see more! For now, I’ll tag them with ‘recipe for two‘, and you’ll be able to find them as I publish them.
I have to say, this is one we will be making again. It was husband approved and SO satisfying.
ALSO, this entire dinner took less than 15 minutes to prepare! (even with cutting veggies)
How to make this Chicken Skillet Dinner
Ingredients – Makes 2 Servings
- Chicken breasts
- Carrots, sliced
- Zucchini, sliced
- Soy sauce
- Shredded cheese
- Green onions
How to Prepare
Cube chicken breasts. Heat a skillet on medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. Once hot, add the chicken (without crowding the chicken) and cook until no longer pink. I did it in two steps because I used a small skillet. Remove chicken.
Spray skillet again and add the carrots and zucchini. Cook until soft, about 4-5 minutes.
Return the chicken to the pan. Add the soy sauce and mix thouroughly.
Sprinkle with cheese and green onions and keep on the heat until cheese is melted.
Healthy Chicken Skillet Dinner
- 1 cutting board and knife
- 1 Skillet
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 medium size zucchini
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 ounce shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped green onions
- Cube chicken breast
- Heat skillet on medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Once hot, add the cubed chicken
- Chop carrots and zucchini while chicken is cooking
- Remove chicken from skillet once it is cooked through
- Spray skillet again and add carrots and zucchini
- Cook veggies for 4-5 minutes or until soft
- Return the chicken to the pan, add soy sauce, and mix all the ingredients together
- Top with cheese and green onions and then serve!
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Low Calorie Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe
- Healthy Recipes Using Shirataki Noodles
- Low Carb Chicken Skillet Dinner
- Healthy Cottage Cheese Recipes
- Low Calorie Casseroles (Under 350 Calories)